Dual sided pedals..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
I need to get some mtb pedals and just wondered about the dual purpose one's, cleat one side flat the other.
Should I have a try or not bother.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think they are a pain. I have A600 which look nice but are always the wrong way round. I also have M324 which are better if wanting to use trainers too. If always using cleated shoes, get the M520 or the next one up M530?

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
At the moment I'm using road SPD SL on my cross trail which I want to put flat pedals on, I have a set of V8's so I'm alright there, but on my new Diverge ( the one I'm upgrading from Claris to 105) I want to put mtb pedals on but just wondering which way to go.
Can you use the M530 as an all day flate pedal or is it just for a bit of heavy traffic then revert back to clipless?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I ditched SPD riding in favour of grippy flats all round. I used to use M324's and found them great pedals when I was more SPD orientated.

Personally I would avoid M424's. I found the cleat mechanism sat just proud enough to be felt through soft soled trainers & adidas samba type shoes to become uncomfortable very quickly whilst also not allowing enough grip on the resin cage with harder soled types to ride properly.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well you don't use the flat side with cleated shoes, those are for use with trainers or other shoes. If wearing clip less all the time, get pedals with clips on both sides

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
So I think I will leave the dual sided pedals and go for the normal mtb clipless but as an aside..
Would mtb SPD shoe's not work with the V8 flat pedals then?( I do have trainer for the flat pedals)

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Thanks boys and girls...very helpful. :okay:

D

Deleted member 23692

XT-T780 pedals sounds like what you need (if you do still want dual pedals)

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2jTQ6-6xCcoSSCyYbQ9037z0iFqg0g0Ret4yyVDhXc9002hKv&usqp=CAY.jpg

I use these on my knock about bike and I'm supervised that they tend to be the right way up most of the time, regardless of what shoes I'm wearing

Top Bottom