Dugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

puffinbilly

Veteran
Had a few dog incidents but nothing as serious as this.

View attachment 89988

I had this this happen to me - while on foot crossing a little moor near Newcastle city centre suddenly a cow decides it wants a bit of bull fighting practice. It just started to trot (not worried) then it heads towards me (a little concerned) then it breaks into a run and then a full blooded charge (now I'm worried) - split second - do I run and try to outrun a 20mph beast or stand my ground and do my best matador impression. I decided to stand my ground and the rampaging cow veered off about five yards ahead of me - been a bit wary of cows ever since - beware they're big burgers!!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Depending upon the circumstance I'll either try to stay just ahead of them so they think they can catch you, but to get them some distance from their starting point, which hopefully is an irresponsible owner Or if the opportunity arises, I must admit to freeing off a foot and swinging it back to lash out at any dog that starts chasing me on my bike.
It's the stupid gits with the reel leads which really piss me off. I thought there was a brake on those things. Use it! If you can't control your dog, put it on an old fashioned short lead and choker. That way the dog can't go far and strangles itself in the process.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Might need some cowherds.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROtgwCyE-9SD-m8TkUAlxGFQAocbAli9kkLxK8gZmPgjeNIQGL.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I don't care for reel leads. They make the dog think he can roam all over the place, and they take up far too much room on the walk or the trail. Mine are on regular 6 foot or seven foot leads so we can all walk together. Discipline and ritual are the parameters that should be driving a dog in this situation. It doesn't always work, but it keeps you from being a nuisance to others.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Me and a mate had some Alsatians chase us up 'Birtles' - not far from the top is a large house. We could hear the dogs on the otherside of the hedge and knew the end of the garden was open. I have never accellerated so fast in a 42 x 19 sprocket and shot off. My mate chickened out and stopped. I had to wait for him to pluck the courage to ride past.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Just found this on Fark..
Gruesome photo warning HERE

buggi

Bird Saviour
I used to take a route to work where I passed a big mansion type house. It had one of those sweeping driveways that was gated at each entrance. Inside was two Alsatians. When I passed the first gate they would explode into action. The next gate was 500 yards up the road. I used to pray to God every day that the 2nd gate was shut!!!

RitchieJoe

Look at that wee dog..... watch that f***kin dug...... Love kevin bridges. Welcome to the forum that made for entertaining reading.... oh and its fight, flight or freeze :hyper:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome @the_craig and congrats on your hill climbing skills ^_^
Never been chased by dugs (yet!), once, on a deserted country road between Glasgow and Edinburgh, a sheep suddenly baah'd at me, surely made me jump out of my skin :laugh:

ScotiaLass

Guru
Welcome @the_craig and congrats on your hill climbing skills ^_^
Never been chased by dugs (yet!), once, on a deserted country road between Glasgow and Edinburgh, a sheep suddenly baah'd at me, surely made me jump out of my skin :laugh:
Me and two Belles went for an ice-cream last Saturday whilst out for a ride. It involved riding past a field of cows. They have just laid a new path right by the field, and one cow was not taking it too well....she was running about when anyone went past and mooing most alarmingly!! I couldn't get past quick enough :laugh:

Top Bottom