dumbass LCC bike lane on Stratford High Street

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm afraid I'm hugely bored by your fetishization of the Netherlands, as well as your aggression. We had to send @Delftse Post out there from Amazingstoke to make it cooler.

Are you hoping for this kind of thing? Because I find it utterly grotesque.

isn't this the video that some plank put up in order to impress us? And got pretty shirty when we described it as a vision of hell?

edit. I've just watched it through again. it's utterly, utterly horrible. Remind me - where is this?

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
isn't this the video that some plank put up in order to impress us? And got pretty shirty when we described it as a vision of hell?

edit. I've just watched it through again. it's utterly, utterly horrible. Remind me - where is this?
Paradise for bimblers. Hell for everyone else.

knocksofbeggarmen

Why do we need to run events in the same order?

Because
1. You will only get political support for this kind of legislation if the vast majority of people cycle as a normal daily part of transport.
And because
2. The legislation didn't actually do any of the things you claimed for it. It didn't reduce injuries or change behaviour. Both those good things were done by the infra put in earlier.

knocksofbeggarmen

Are you hoping for this kind of thing? Because I find it utterly grotesque.

isn't this the video that some plank put up in order to impress us?

You've just selected a vid of the Dutch equivalent, not of Soho, but of the Hanger Lane Gyratory. So what you are saying is that their version is hell and our version is a fun thing to look at while you wile away the hours, conversin with the flowers. Well yes I suppose so, if you are making for M4 junction 6 on your audax bike.

Last edited:

theclaud

Openly Marxist

In paradise, apparently. They've put one of these things straight through the middle of Port Talbot (as if it hasn't got enough to deal with). There's no cycle lane, of course, but it wouldn't be any less horrific if they put one in.

Dan B

Disengaged member
How can it make things much worse? The "get in the cycle lane" idiots do that regardless. The "force them in the cycle lane" politicians are already trying to make it happen. Are there other negative effects apart from this 1930s bogeyman?
Anecdotal evience time again, but I've had more "get in the cycle lane" abuse from drivers when there was a cycle lane than when there wasn't. And the "force them in the cycle lane" politicians would I suspect get rather more support if the cycle lane in question was a large-scale civil engineering works instead of a crappy bit of green paint.

But that aside, if the idea here is to remove one lane previously available to anyone able to keep up with the traffic, and replace it with slightly less than half a lane in which the presence of Boris Wobblers will make it impossible to maintain keep-up-with-the-traffic pace, then you can expect a certain segment of current cyclists will be upset by the proposal even before we start talking about the effects it might have on attitudes of non-cyclists

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Anecdotal evience time again, but I've had more "get in the cycle lane" abuse from drivers when there was a cycle lane than when there wasn't.
same here. In Milton Keynes. Which, despite what the LCC bod is telling us, is almost devoid of cyclists. In fact, on six visits to MK this year, most of those visits spread over two days, and involving visits to 23C in Stony Stratford, we saw less than a dozen people riding bikes, And two of those were on the A5.

Still and all, what they do in Milton Keynes is up to Milton Keynes. Says the man drawing a six storey hotel covered in CorTen steel heading for the Theatre District............

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
same here. In Milton Keynes. Which, despite what the LCC bod is telling us, is almost devoid of cyclists. In fact, on six visits to MK this year, most of those visits spread over two days, and involving visits to 23C in Stony Stratford, we saw less than a dozen people riding bikes, And two of those were on the A5.
And the same here, on Southsea and Brighton seafronts. Even when my speed & the number of pedestrians meant being on the road was clearly more appropriate.

knocksofbeggarmen

"Me missus and I went to Blackpool- never saw the sea. We saw one bucket of sand, and that was in the Bingo."

Top Bottom