dumbass LCC bike lane on Stratford High Street

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Quite. And a default 20mph limit. And presumed liability.
What the hell, I'd add fit for public roads construction vehicles to the list and let them build segregated routes for cyclists under the strict (enforced) condition that vehicular cyclists are allowed on any farking road without twattery.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Thanks but a simple "no, I've not considered this serious enough to tell LCC HQ" would have sufficed.
who was who e-mailed the LCC, got a foolish reply and cancelled his subscription?

Which reminds me, I really must send my LCC award back.

knocksofbeggarmen

Yes, that's why you've barely mentioned it [the Netherlands] at all...

It fires all the apoplexy neurons at once. Not merely do the facts about NL refute every bit of nonsense spewed here, but there is dammit National Pride at stake- for if a man can't take pride in his Nation's hard-campaigned-for commitment to killing off a few newbie cyclists and keeping the roads free for busses, what has he got?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
It fires all the apoplexy neurons at once. Not merely do the facts about NL refute every bit of nonsense spewed here, but there is dammit National Pride at stake- for if a man can't take pride in his Nation's hard-campaigned-for commitment to killing off a few newbie cyclists and keeping the roads free for busses, what has he got?
So, after pretending that there was some kind of ban on mentioning the Netherlands, you admit that you were talking nonsense and that you have been banging on about the Netherlands for nearly 40 pages. That's good then. But I can be forgiven for describing it as an obsession.

knocksofbeggarmen

So, after pretending that there was some kind of ban on mentioning the Netherlands, you admit that you were talking nonsense and that you have been banging on about the Netherlands for nearly 40 pages. That's good then. But I can be forgiven for describing it as an obsession.

You absolutely refuse to play the ball- which is why there is nothing left but to chuckle at you.

knocksofbeggarmen

Not distractions at all, just a set of simple changes that could make all the difference we need.

So, your neighbouring country has a revolution the upshot of which is safe mass cycling, and TWO DECADES LATER introduces perfectly sensible presumed liability legislation with no discernible impact on cycling rates or injuries. Obviously it's the 1990's you want to copy.

knocksofbeggarmen

To be clear I'm pro presumed liability. But your idea of anything-but-segregation starts to attribute causal powers to these other measures in excess of any serious consideration of evidence. One reason the political system and justice system word for cyclists in the NL is that everybody cycles. Why does everyone cycle? Not because of the justice system, given that that only caught up with the political and infra changes twenty years later.

knocksofbeggarmen

Your leaps of logic are a marvel to behold.
Actually I was doing breaststroke.

To be clear I'm pro presumed liability. But your idea of anything-but-segregation starts to attribute causal powers to these other measures in excess of any serious consideration of evidence. One reason the political system and justice system word for cyclists in the NL is that everybody cycles. Why does everyone cycle? Not because of the justice system, given that that only caught up with the political and infra changes twenty years later.

knocksofbeggarmen

I see no reason to duplicate their experience in real time when we can go straight to end game, taking just the better bits of course.

Ho ho ho. And when the order of events is telling you that you have completely the wrong idea about what the *effective* bits were, that does not trouble you in the slightest.

Top Bottom