Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So I'm not allowed an opinion........instead of criticising me, why not look at yourself. Is there anything you could do to make things better? Is there anything you could stop doing?
Im not saying you dont have an opinion and im not criticising you either…..just pointing out that a moderator agree with the principle within the thread.

and im not pointing the finger at you personally either, unlike what your doing to me.

jowwy

A couple of points from me, Mod's hat on:

1. Ok, well, let's start a thread about you, but you can't answer.
Maybe you lost your log in, maybe your keyboard is broken, maybe you made a wow never to post on CC again.
The rest of us, though, we start a thread about you, making fun of you, in general commenting on your internet persona.
How would you like this? Remember, ex members can still read CC, they are just unable to post after they get deregistered.
The forum's owner, Shaun, thinks it's not nice (I agree) and he asks his mods team to discourage such postings.

As my answer above.
You are a member of CC, how would you like to be talked about without being able to answer.
In addition, that thread got shut down because it developed into an argument about disrespecting the Ukrainian plight, with lots of politics thrown in.

It depends: public figures scrutiny is acceptable on CC, slander and insults are not.
That is what Shaun, the forum owner, wants.

We left it running because after a few posts it seemed to have changed to another topic, but then it changed back to discussing the ex member.
2. You are correct about the rule: I was searching too, couldn't find it either.
I found it eventually in the set of instructions Shaun gave to the mods team, here it is:

I guess by lively you mean that you enjoy a good argument? Well, that is what the NACA site is for, it is completely unmoderated.

Shaun, the forum's owner, said:

We had spend a lot of time and effort in developing a vaccine.
Alas, new variations of the virus kept emerging, so we had to lockdown and put contagions in quarantine.
i’ll reply to the number posts above

1. it has happened to me while suffering from moderation and thread bans….i was still receiving abuse from members, i couldnt reply as i was banned, but when i reported the issues, nothing was done….reason for nothing being done, retaliation for being thread banned.

2. You say its against the rules, but now say its a moderator rule and not forum rule that members can see. So why do think members are confused when they see, thread locked against rules. When in fact its not….

The issue i can see here is some people are moderated through bias based in previous posts and bans. Again i have proof if required, i can send it privately. Hopefully you will engage with me in a positive manner about the issues.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Im not saying you dont have an opinion and im not criticising you either…..just pointing out that a moderator agree with the principle within the thread.

and im not pointing the finger at you personally either, unlike what your doing to me.
Can you do anything better, can you stop doing things? No finger pointing there......however, there is a saying, if the cap fits, wear it.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
1. it has happened to me while suffering from moderation and thread bans….i was still receiving abuse from members, i couldnt reply as i was banned, but when i reported the issues, nothing was done….reason for nothing being done, retaliation for being thread banned.
How do you know nothing was done? You don't know who got warnings, who got banned, who got posts deleted.
Sometimes it takes a while for us to act on reports (did you report the abuse? You can still report if banned), also, sometimes, as a team we come to the conclusion that the report is just tit for tat, arguments.

2. You say its against the rules, but now say its a moderator rule and not forum rule that members can see. So why do think members are confused when they see, thread locked against rules. When in fact its not….
Yes, I agree: the mods team will leave a note for @Shaun to incorporate the non discussing of ex members in the rules.

The issue i can see here is some people are moderated through bias based in previous posts and bans.
Like @Rocky said above ... if the hat fits ...
Joking aside, if a member (I'm not saying you) keeps trolling, thread spoiling, being abusive towards other members again and again, they will get a ban.
Sometimes it looks like nothing was done for a while if no one reported the member.
Sometimes, if two members are as bad as each other in the argument, we let it go if it doesn't develop into a handbags at dawn fight.
Banning a member today because they were trolling last month? No, the mod's team does not act like that.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I'd not see it so much as flawed, rather inevitable. We'd been here two or three times in the past, tried different things, brought some back but always ended up in the same position, sometimes really quite offensive, borderline bullying and tedious behaviour that spoiled it for the majority. Its (some of) the contributors that are the problem not the forum staff or their attempts to (vainly) manage it all. (in my humble opinion of course ^_^)
The amazing thing is that NACA has zero moderation (other than swearing) and things are ticking along just fine.
It seems that the trolls don’t bother as there is no threat of moderation shutting down discussion.

jowwy

Can you do anything better, can you stop doing things? No finger pointing there......however, there is a saying, if the cap fits, wear it.
We all can…..and yes, you are finger pointing

A thread was shut down because rules say you cant talk about ex members, its only polite not to do so, .. why, we talk about people on the telly who are not on cyclechat ,@jowwy said , i regularly talk about family members who are no longer with us, and hes right . pretty soon there will be a small list of things allowed to be discussed.
As my answer above.
You are a member of CC, how would you like to be talked about without being able to answer.

Being honest @Pat "5mph" if i had left the site then it wouldnt bother me in the slightest as i wouldnt see it, but i respect the fact that as a member i must obey site rules. also in the interest of honesty i may have been a bit shitty with my posts ,crappy personal stuff going on and i have let it get the better of me , i know it should not be an excuse , I have had a couple of posts removed today and apologise if i have been out of line with anyone, normal service will resume. ......... well whatever normal is:laugh:.

jowwy

1. How do you know nothing was done? You don't know who got warnings, who got banned, who got posts deleted.
Sometimes it takes a while for us to act on reports (did you report the abuse? You can still report if banned), also, sometimes, as a team we come to the conclusion that the report is just tit for tat, arguments.

Yes, I agree: the mods team will leave a note for @Shaun to incorporate the non discussing of ex members in the rules.

Like @Rocky said above ... if the hat fits ...
Joking aside, if a member (I'm not saying you) keeps trolling, thread spoiling, being abusive towards other members again and again, they will get a ban.
Sometimes it looks like nothing was done for a while if no one reported the member.
Sometimes, if two members are as bad as each other in the argument, we let it go if it doesn't develop into a handbags at dawn fight.
Banning a member today because they were trolling last month? No, the mod's team does not act like that.
1. Because the abusive posts were still there for all too see and i recieved a message from a moderator at the time informing me that nothing would be done as it was just me retaliting to being banned from the thread, as i stated in my post.

To be fair its not up to a moderator to decide if a post is abusive or not. Its upto the person who reported it……if it offends them, it should be deleted, thats why its been reported inthe first place, cause a member found it offensive.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
To be fair its not up to a moderator to decide if a post is abusive or not. Its upto the person who reported it……if it offends them, it should be deleted, thats why its been reported inthe first place, cause a member found it offensive.
You have a point: I will put this to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom