Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
There's not a lot to see of late, NACA gone, the one thread that had some traction / entertainment now closed.

There is only so many times you can read a request for a "bike for £1500" or "how to adjust my front mech"

Just me thinking out loud but I feel sure the lack of content / debate must also be persuading others to look in less and less.

Not knocking the people running the forum, certainly beyond my computer knowledge, just seen a few boards over the years becoming " over sensitive" and dying out.

Good luck.

"Be the change you want to see" as someone once said.

There's not a lot to see of late, NACA gone, the one thread that had some traction / entertainment now closed.

There is only so many times you can read a request for a "bike for £1500" or "how to adjust my front mech"

Just me thinking out loud but I feel sure the lack of content / debate must also be persuading others to look in less and less.

Not knocking the people running the forum, certainly beyond my computer knowledge, just seen a few boards over the years becoming " over sensitive" and dying out.

Good luck.
not sure why you've bothered to post this.

NACA is still there of course if you wish to join it - why don't you?

Or maybe you think it's less "entertaining" now?

Now why would that be?

How's your bike?

How do you join NACA?
I think it's explained if you click on the marker at the top - separate sign in.
It's rather quiet these days to say the least - doesn't surprise me - shouldn't really surprise anyone who can read human psychology/has seen the personal-political entwining you all too often get in life.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
As I keep reading on another site, cycling is politics. Whether you discuss access, highways, infrastructure, legal aspects, customer rights, etc. There's always a political angle there. Some forums actively encourage that view others don't.
careful mr timewaster - you'll be dragging us back to the great granny gear farce.

on the cycle infrastructure etc thing, there's a section right here, not in the other place, for cycling advocacy/campaigning etc.

I can see the OP's point .
C C is in danger of becoming too sanitised and people will either become bored or fall asleep . We can decide what threads we wish to read or not .
I didn't know that there had become a break away group called NACA . I have since found out about it but haven't logged in to it . I have viewed it a couple of times to see what was going on but haven't followed it .

bagpuss

Guru
careful mr timewaster - you'll be dragging us back to the great granny gear farce.

on the cycle infrastructure etc thing, there's a section right here, not in the other place, for cycling advocacy/campaigning etc.
I must of missed that one ,did folk get cranky over it ....heads for door ...

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I can see the OP's point .
C C is in danger of becoming too sanitised and people will either become bored or fall asleep . We can decide what threads we wish to read or not .
I didn't know that there had become a break away group called NACA . I have since found out about it but haven't logged in to it . I have viewed it a couple of times to see what was going on but haven't followed it .
totally agree on that point.......i asked in a few threads, has CC become like north korea, china, in over controlling what we are allowed to discuss

I must of missed that one ,did folk get cranky over it ....heads for door ...
best not go into detail, let's just say that after a lot of outrage over the term, at least some very definitely posed/postured, I was highly amused to see that cyclechat started running pop up ads for a cycle clothing outfit called, of all things, "granny gear" - at which some folks long short on humour/perspective no doubt vapourised.

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
No. Would you even be allowed to pose that question in DPRK?
i wasn't allowed here neither, it was deleted......i also believe there is a lot of unconscious bias at play here on occasions, which doesn't help matters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom