Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
The old NACA was a cesspit that spilled over onto the rest of the site. The new NACA, of which I am not a member (because IMHO trying to discuss politics with a small group of anonymous cyclists on a very unrepresentative corner of the internet is pointless) has become a leftie love-in from what I have read. So again, taking part is pointless. Just ask @Pale Rider , whose whereabouts we are not allowed to ask about.

The rest of the site has become just a bit sterile and "meh" as the yoofs might say. Anything remotely controversial or heated, and it gets locked, or removed for a "clean up" never to be seen again. As will this thread, eventually.

It would be interesting to see statistics of post counts from 5 or 10 years ago, compared to present day. I would guess they are well down now. Having said that, I don't have the answers. In time, the site will probably die a natural death. I know my posting has tapered off in recent months, but I see that as a positive, personally, not being a fan of social media in general.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
i wasn't allowed here neither, it was deleted......i also believe there is a lot of unconscious bias at play here on occasions, which doesn't help matters
OK, I’m convinced. We are indeed all crushed under the heel of Kim Jong-Un Pat and her jackbooted thugs.

Brandane

Legendary Member
The CC admins, Scottish branch, attend training camp:

19RUSSIANsub2-superJumbo.jpg

Only jesting, by the way, in case we ever get round to having ride meets again! 😄😄

The CC admins, Scottish branch, attend training camp:

View attachment 635672

Only jesting, by the way, in case we ever get round to having ride meets again! 😄😄
brightened my morning with a laugh brandane so thanks - have no idea where some of the strictures from above come, if any particular individual, but some of them do put me in mind of my odd encounter with the wee frees and their swing chaining.
Enjoy your future ride meets.

Having just looked at the title of this thread again , anything is how you make it work for you and many others .
Collective input is the key .

View: https://youtu.be/ohDB5gbtaEQ

Is it better now compared to a year ago and if not, what happened. That would be the question.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Is it better now compared to a year ago and if not, what happened. That would be the question.
you only have to look at the recent closure of a thread in the cafe to see what's happening, i mean i talk about my grandad with family members and he's been dead 20yrs.......he cant reply to me, but i shouldn't be stopped talking about him

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've experienced the same on other forums, there were 2 or 3 prolofic posters who then left. It wasn't quite the same. I think becasue they were so vocal, the rest of the members relied on them somewhat to present a balanced debate and to start all the new threads. Maybe this is just a lull and we need to wait for others to gain the confidence to start more topics?

I do find the site very useful still, but part of me thinks that any forum will eventually go quieter if people use the search function i.e. a lot of the technical queries for example have already been discussed at length. The NACA section can sometimes be useful but it is very left-heavy, which isn't a problem but I can see a lot of the alternative views (more right wing) are often ganged up upon and then a squabble starts. I'd rather not go in there now.

A thread was shut down because rules say you cant talk about ex members, its only polite not to do so, .. why, we talk about people on the telly who are not on cyclechat ,@jowwy said , i regularly talk about family members who are no longer with us, and hes right . pretty soon there will be a small list of things allowed to be discussed.

A thread was shut down because rules say you cant talk about ex members, its only polite not to do so, .. why, we talk about people on the telly who are not on cyclechat ,@jowwy said , i regularly talk about family members who are no longer with us, and hes right . pretty soon there will be a small list of things allowed to be discussed.
We talk about people who are not even members of this forum. Is it impolite to talk about them? How does that logic fly?

I dunno ... that thread was allowed to run for 10 pages. Seems a fair compromise to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom