Dunlop BSO

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I have just experienced the worst bike I have ever ridden. I have just been given a Dunlop full sus BSO on a local Freebie facebook group. I rode it (or should I say bounced it) home, only about a mile and mostly down hill, and I am completely knackered. It was hard work. If anyone ever watches "Last of the Summer Wine" where Pearl sabotaged Howard's bike so it squeaked every turn of the pedals, well that was me coming home!

I aim to clean it up, get it going as well as possible and pass it over to my grandson. My daughter may take pity on him and get him a decent bike.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Or your daughter may think... he's got a bike but never rides it.. I'm buggered if I'm going to buy him another.

Saying that, I wish bouncy BSO's existed when i was a lad, I'd have loved it in spite of being to heavy and too bouncy for a decent ride... it was all about ramps, skids and stunts in them days.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nah, I've got a worse bike! My Mum aged 83 walked into a bike shop last year and asked for "a shopping bike" and this is what they sold her:
BensBlackberry153_zps5f2b6317.jpg

It really is an atrocious piece of poop. I visited her last weekend and she asked if I could have a look at it because it's hard to ride. I won't bore you with all the details but we ended up going to a better bike shop where talked her into buying a Specalized hybrid, which she test-rode and loved. I took the shopper home and now have the job of selling it - anybody want a shopper? It works now; took me an hour to set it up right including refitting the brake blocks, which were on upside-down! Still weighs a ton and won't go up hills though.

Going to stick some ads in local newsagents to sell it.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Nah, I've got a worse bike! My Mum aged 83 walked into a bike shop last year and asked for "a shopping bike" and this is what they sold her:
BensBlackberry153_zps5f2b6317.jpg

It really is an atrocious piece of poop. I visited her last weekend and she asked if I could have a look at it because it's hard to ride. I won't bore you with all the details but we ended up going to a better bike shop where talked her into buying a Specalized hybrid, which she test-rode and loved. I took the shopper home and now have the job of selling it - anybody want a shopper? It works now; took me an hour to set it up right including refitting the brake blocks, which were on upside-down! Still weighs a ton and won't go up hills though.

Going to stick some ads in local newsagents to sell it.
You might want to change the wording in your advert, it may put some people off :smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thanks! I don't really expect anybody on CC to want a bike like this!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I know. We took it back to the shop who had sold it to her in the hope that they would take it back in part-exchange since she hasn't ridden it at all (the brake surfaces are un-worn) but they couldn't have been ruder about it. So their competitor down the road got the sale of a £400 Spesh Vita.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I know. We took it back to the shop who had sold it to her in the hope that they would take it back in part-exchange since she hasn't ridden it at all (the brake surfaces are un-worn) but they couldn't have been ruder about it. So their competitor down the road got the sale of a £400 Spesh Vita.

name and shame, be a pity if anyone else suffered rude unhelpful service when they could have been protected beforehand

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nothing annoys me more than seeing folk sold unsuitable goods. Unfortunately she wandered into the shop and asked for a shopping bike, which is what they sold her, but because it was so badly set up she found it a nightmare to ride and never used it. In fairness to the shop aslo, they didn't set it up; they delivered it and her friendly neighbour (who clearly knows naff all about bikes) built it up.

Top Bottom