Dunwich Dynamo 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Blimey! Andy.
That is all.
Pleased, beyond measure, that things are now on a more even keel.
JB

Tacey

Über Member
I did this in 2012, solo. About midnight I had a flat tyre, I can't even tell you how many people asked if ok. @Tacey , you'll be fine.

If you have a credit card, and a mobile phone, really, nothing bad can happen. You are in south east England, not the Gobi desert
Thanks for responding - haven't had time to report back on a great night. Truckloads of people as you say, big party atmos, no punctures but sensibly made friends with a guy with a Garmin early on.

Got lost 3 times despite this but fortunately twice in a big group (all with Garmins so what does that say???) and once rescued by a random guy in a car shouting, "go back and take the road on the right," as you do in a small town at 2am. Had the satisfaction of seeing my workmates completely shattered during the week and taking Monday off on spurious grounds (yes, same workmates who didn't share their mobile numbers and also didn't wait for me at the start). Ha. I bite my thumb at them.

Colin_B

I shouted directions to people several times. I got thanked by all but one bloke at Framsden. I shouted 'Right' to him just as he was going to climb up the hill. Saved him from going up the hill and not even a wave or word of thanks.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I should be taking part in the 2016 DunRun. my friend did it last year and he was telling me how awesome it was. I can handle 40-50miles at a moderate pace so 160miles should be 'Ok'. It would be fun to see how far i can stretch myself.

This will be my first time taking part in any cycling event that wasnt the london skyride. I tried to get into social rides using the skyride website but the groups i met up with just seemed to be extremely unorganised and somewhat rude/elitist so i stopped going to those. Im part of a club on there too but they only go on rides on a saturday and i work every-motha-f**kin-saturday so I cant participate.

Just curious. Is there a official DunRun thread on this forum? Ive been trawling blogs and other forums/websites for tips that might be useful to best get me prepared as early as i can (im so hyped!!!)

Brains

Legendary Member
[QUOTE=".

Just curious. Is there a official DunRun thread on this forum? Ive been trawling blogs and other forums/websites for tips that might be useful to best get me prepared as early as i can (im so hyped!!!)[/QUOTE]

This is it, we just need to change the name to Dun Run 2016

tatr

Is anyone planning on cycling home?

It is a Sunday so another 120 miles at a leisurely pace with plenty of pub stops would be a better option than the coach if the weather is good.

(I rode back from L2B, but my colleagues had plenty of horror stories about coach toilets... not helped by the fact that we had a few beers before heading back to London.)

Top Bottom