Dunwich Dynamo 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That's RideLondon weekend... potential for some interesting combinations or conflicts?

rb58

Enigma
I haven't done it for a couple of years. And there's nothing in the diary for that weekend, so I might be tempted. I've always ridden back when I've done it, which gives me the opportunity to make up my mind at the very last minute. This year will probably be the same.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
First time I rode it, with a mate, his wife picked us up in the morning.
Year before last, I arranged with the boss that I could get a lift back in one of our trucks.
All I had to do was ride to Lowestoft by 06:00.

Probably can't.

Always impressed/amazed by folk who can ride back.

Last year I rode on a bit to near Caister, slept on a sheltered grass verge.

Probably can't.

Always impressed/amazed by folk who can ride back.

Last year I rode on a bit to near Caister, slept on a sheltered grass verge.
The year I did it I hitched a ride on the back of a tandem. I left, sunburnt, tired, happy and bikeless, on a train departing Darsham about 10 minutes before the incoming train on which my pilot's wife (who doesn't like night rides) was due to arrive, with her bringing the panniers/camping kit for a few days of cycle camping. The logistics worked out most marvellously.

cripes, that's clever.

Only a matter of time before someone launches an app to bring tandems and spare seats together - you could see the world - beats hitchhiking.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Already had the days booked off in advance months ago. Was nice to bump into @bluehills just as the sun was starting to rise on the last DD.

Im on the fence about the ride but i always get so excited about it I get the shakes so I guess I'm down for it.

Nice of you to tag me roubaix, seem to remember that i was suffering from having forgotten where i'd packed the all important espresso pot amongst my ton of junk. Can't do it this year, over-riding personal stuff; may return.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
My DD cycling partner is being a bit of a knob. I'm trying to get things arranged with regards to the journey home and he's not really been any help so I might be going solo this year. Will keep an eye out for any familiar faces.

Worst case scenario is he can always cycle or catch the train back while i get a nice lift from a friend

Go for it, fine of course to do it alone as you doubtless know. And like travelling, it can be better in some ways, more open to experiences and other folk you inevitably fall in with. If he's fannying around at this stage, a fair chance he'd be worse on the ride. I did it once with someone who insisted that they couldn't do it alone. They somewhat spoiled it. Our paces were never quite in tune, we got to dunwich and while i wanted to chill awhile with folk he was keen to leave almost immediately for some reason for our ride on to ipswich. Then on that leg the twonk managed to drop me :smile: nice bloke but somewhat odd. Ride on at your own pace.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Looks like im going to be flying solo this year. I mean, Ive always flown part of the journey solo as my DD partner has always quit part way through. It will feel a bit strange leaving the start line without him.

I'll get an opportunity to move out with the first lot of groups this time as i dont have anyone i need to wait for.

If you roll past someone with some 80s rock or heavy metal blaring at moderate levels along the way. you'll know its me

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I’ve ridden it twice so far. Once with a mate and once solo.
I enjoyed it both times.
I’m still not certain about this year due to stuff going on at home, but might get there!
I’ll listen out for the 80’s rock :okay:

Top Bottom