Dura ace chain real?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Borgnyne

No pictures other than the manufacturer advertising stuff I'd be suspicious.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
You can get a real one for £36.
https://www.biketart.com/products/s...1-speed-chain-cn-hg901?variant=40809483239603
£50 RRP, £23 is undoubtedly dodgy

Yeah great deal this. Matt Walsh says if you’ve got a 105 groupset and put a Dura chain on it will feel miles better. Thinking of trying and waxing it hopefully last a year.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I received a fake HG93 from eBay a couple of months ago. Rode like a bag of bones. Seller refunded with no hassle. Then bought a KMC off Amazon themselves (NOT A/Marketplace) and is smooth as silk.

I received a fake HG93 from eBay a couple of months ago. Rode like a bag of bones. Seller refunded with no hassle. Then bought a KMC off Amazon themselves (NOT A/Marketplace) and is smooth as silk.

Ive only had one problem with a chain, a KMC chain bought off Amazon, within a few rides, it warped. I'm wondering if it was a fake. Although I have subsequently bought other KMC chains from other Amazon and never had a problem 🤔

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Ive only had one problem with a chain, a KMC chain bought off Amazon, within a few rides, it warped. I'm wondering if it was a fake. Although I have subsequently bought other KMC chains from other Amazon and never had a problem 🤔

Amazon is a trading platform, like eBay. The chances are you bought from a marketplace seller who was selling fakes. I certainly won't be doing that again.

Top Bottom