1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durham Times Letters Page

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 22 Mar 2008.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

I thought this letter had sort of got a good point...................

until the last two paragraphs !

* (My Insert)

** Eh? You live just outside Durham !

The final paragraph made me fall of me seat. You ever seen an old 'un struggle into a Range Rover or Disco ? They need a bloody Stannah !!

2. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Some people feel the need to justify having a 4x4 as there seems to be a "witch hunt". People should just accept some people drive 4x4s, just in the same way some people have Sky TV. And some people fart in the bath.

3. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

I've seen superhuge 4x4s driven by an "old 'uns" with Hell's Grannies pulled out of the back with superhuman strength (I don't think I could lift one that easily).

4. Trillian

Trillian New Member

the thing with binge drinking is that people will buy the cheapest alcohol on offer, if its beer then it's beer, if thats cider then its cider.

regarding the 4X4 many have running boards helping to step in, however a car like my grandparents have, a renault kangoo, allows for just sitting into it

as for 4x4 safety, hit the central barrier of the motorway at more than 30 degrees at 70mph and your vehicle stands a high chance of rolling over it...

5. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I eat pies as there is less chance of me being killed walking to the pie shop than there is if I walk to the health food shop as it is situated on the other side of the street - and I may be knocked down by a cyclist ignoring the red light.