Dustman Dave's Doddles/Demon Hilly 17th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glover Fan

Was definately a doddle! Not really a 100k, turned out to be 120k but the flattest audax i've done so far, but the company was great, the weather was great and the food not bad either. The route was OK, but was slightly disappointed to find that the route went back on itself instead of a loop, but as it was foggy in the morning I didn't see any familiarity in the scenery on the return leg.

Have nicely "tanned" (read sunburnt) legs and arms now though!

Legs felt brilliant on return, really need to tackle a 200km or a hilly 100k now.

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
The Diddy Doddle was also a doddle! :biggrin: We sauntered round, Andy Gates took the opportunity to bring a full set of panniers as practice for his forthcoming LEJoG ride. Enjoyed a nice, sunny, leisurely lunch at the Potting Shed before trundling back. Had a short detour due to a missing sign and not paying attention...and then had a visit from the p*ncture fairy with 5k to go...followed by another visit at 2.5k :laugh:

It was a good, fun day out, nice to see so many cyclists out and about. Not sure if we saw you Glover Fan, I did ask one guy but he denied being a Cycle Chatter. If you spotted a tall chap with a majestic bleached-blonde beard I was with him!

Def. sounds like you're ready for some hills or a longer ride, the New Forest 200k in May is a really nice ride if you can get there.

vorsprung

Veteran
I didn't do any of the Dustman Dave rides or the VotR on saturday. I did manage to get out for a ride on sunday afternoon though. And I'd forgotten that the route for the 200 went up the Uplowman valley. So it was a nice surprise catching Guy & Sarah from Exeter who were back markers on the Double Doodle. I rode with them to Wilvescombe and had a natter. Loverly afternoon, I was in shorts and SS jersey

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Baggy; in that case I did see you in the village hall at the end as I had a nice chocolate cake piled on a paper plate and you were both waiting to give your mugs back!!! lol!
How funny! I stuck my head round the door before leaving as by then it had occurred to me it might be you, but as you were tucking into the cake didn't want to disturb you. Hello, anyway, and at least next time I'll know who you are! :smile:

That must be the smallest serving hatch in the world...

Top Bottom