Duuuuuur...!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I've had a pair of Giant pannier bags sat on Old Reliable for over a year now. In each pannier bag was a loose black plastic strip. This is intended to bulk out the bag and give it shape. I've had them sat loosely in the bottom of each bag, and they're now curling up on themselves.

This morning, after over a year, I realised that there are also pockets in the bottom of each bag, into which these strips are meant to be inserted, to provide rigidity and shape...

Anyone else misued cycling equipment for a considerable length of time before having a Eureka moment which then makes them feel stupid?

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ergo grips: why everybody was raving about them, my hands are so sore!
I did fit them the wrong way round :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Constant 'hot foot' in a very expensive set of carbon shoes. Carried on riding with them for a year or so, then eventually double checked where the ball of the foot was in relation to the axel - doh, too far back ! Check, then check again, not a year later.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
This is going to make me sound rather dumb but here goes...

I bought my first house, a new build when I was 21 and bought a Hotpoint washer/dryer from my mums Kays catalogue. This washing machine was the noisiest thing, it used to bang about and move around the kitchen!
I was a single lad and didn’t do a great deal of washing as I just preferred to spray my clothes with Aftershave/deodorant or whatever else smelt nice!
Moving forward a couple of years I had a problem with the machine, a repair man came and replaced the faulty pump but also asked if the machine was noisy, I said yes, he pointed out that I’d never removed the 4 transit bolts that held the drum rigid during transportation!
You live and learn!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
My water bottle cage was a bit wide for my bottles and though it fitted, the bottles could fall out on rough roads.

Many months later a cycling friend noticed and hand squeezed the bottle cage to make it narrower. Doh!

Elysian_Roads

They sounded exactly like the Giant panniers I bought a few months ago.

Just been out to the shed to tuck the inserts into the fairly bright pockets at the base of the panniers.....:whistle:

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
They sounded exactly like the Giant panniers I bought a few months ago.

Just been out to the shed to tuck the inserts into the fairly bright pockets at the base of the panniers.....:whistle:
Ha ha ha! The blue, very obvious when you realise what they are pockets?

You've done what I did, haven't you?

We should form a club :laugh:

Elysian_Roads

Ha ha ha! The blue, very obvious when you realise what they are pockets?

You've done what I did, haven't you?

We should form a club :laugh:

Oh yes, I just laid them on the bottom, and got on with it. Not sure I particularly noticed the bright blue sections at the time.

In my defence, they were relatively cheap as panniers go, and without instructions...... Valuable lesson learned now, courtesy of the Duuuuur sub club of CycleChat!

Top Bottom