Dynamo setup.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
I'm thinking about getting a dynamo setup with lights by winter for commuting so I don't waste money on batteries/have to think about swapping them. My only thought is do they turn off when you come to a stop (traffic lights)?

I'm thinking about getting a dynamo setup with lights by winter for commuting so I don't waste money on batteries/have to think about swapping them. My only thought is do they turn off when you come to a stop (traffic lights)?

quite a few have a battery / capacitor so they keep the rear going at lights

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
you get front and rear stand lights with varying capacity, personally I still have a battery rear as well and always have a cheapo backup front on the bars

Davidc

Guru
you get front and rear stand lights with varying capacity, personally I still have a battery rear as well and always have a cheapo backup front on the bars

Agree with this.

I always use battery + dynamo when possible. Diversity of equipment and power supply. On the bike I use regularly on unlit roads it's a bit more than MacB - Hope V1 & CYO 60 front, and B&M toplight + Smart at the rear. I also carry spare fully charged batteries.

Top Bottom