Dyson V11 Torque.....a specific question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I know there was a good thread on vacuum cleaners but this is a specific question about the V11 Torque.
On the main head there is a red slider with +/-.
There is no indication what its for.
I can see that it moves the plastic gizmo inside the head up/down......but I cannot see why.
Any ideas ?

vickster

Legendary Member
I know there was a good thread on vacuum cleaners but this is a specific question about the V11 Torque.
I can see that it moves the plastic gizmo inside the head up/down......but I cannot see why.
Any ideas ?
what does the manual say?:whistle:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
what does the manual say?:whistle:
That is my point. There is no bl**dy manual. Nada, zilch, nothing. 550 quid and no instructions
Took us several hours to work out what some items were for. Eventually found they were seperate parts of the hanging/mounting thingy.
Spent hours googling.
Emailed Dyson......might get an answer next year if I am lucky.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Any ideas ?

We've recently purchased a "Henry" great bit of kit. One of the tubes has a red plastic slider with +/- indicators. It operates to let air into the tube which affects the amount of suction available at the brush head. Perhaps the Dyson works similarly?

EDIT
Didn't take in that the slider is in the head. Perhaps it's to switch between Carpet/ Hard floor?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
We've recently purchased a "Henry" great bit of kit. One of the tubes has a red plastic slider with +/- indicators. It operates to let air into the tube which affects the amount of suction available at the brush head. Perhaps the Dyson works similarly?
Oh, will look at that. Thanks.
But the Torque is supposed to be "intelligent" as in it detects the surface and automatically adjusts.

screenman

Legendary Member
That is my point. There is no bl**dy manual. Nada, zilch, nothing. 550 quid and no instructions
Took us several hours to work out what some items were for. Eventually found they were seperate parts of the hanging/mounting thingy.
Spent hours googling.
Emailed Dyson......might get an answer next year if I am lucky.

Yeh, but, think how many more farms he can buy with your money, whilst avoiding inheritance tax.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
There's nothing intelligent about bits of flimsy plastic moving about.

You can't tell i'm a previous disgruntled Dyson user can you? :tongue:
As is my Bro.
We had 2......one at home and one in the static. No probs at all.
And TBH it all seems well made.

Last edited:
Top Bottom