E-balance bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
From the description:

> The two powered modes offer a slow speed setting (top speed of 8 mph) and a more advanced faster mode (15 mph) for when their skills and confidence develops.

Luckily, kids gets two sets of teeth...
That is pretty quick! I bought my kids a battery powered car on Christmas ages when they were little (i remember being tutted at in Costco with mutters of spoit kids) best thing I ever bought, they loved bombing around the garden on it. That went at 4mph and it had a "top" gear you could lock off with a screw at 8mph, which was plenty quick on 4 wheels even when they were older. 8mph on balance bike for a toddler is madness, let alone 15mph

Legomutton

That is pretty quick! I bought my kids a battery powered car on Christmas ages when they were little (i remember being tutted at in Costco with mutters of spoit kids) best thing I ever bought, they loved bombing around the garden on it. That went at 4mph and it had a "top" gear you could lock off with a screw at 8mph, which was plenty quick on 4 wheels even when they were older. 8mph on balance bike for a toddler is madness, let alone 15mph

Very quick, there's no way that's a functional balance bike. I can't actually remember what my children did, too long ago, but when the two grandchildren got their balance they crashed into everything because choice of direction was sacrificed to keeping upright. 8 mph is about as fast as most panicking parents or grandparents can run anyway! We had one granddaughter who got well beyond that speed downhill which was a real heart in mouth job. My younger one, 4, is now a confident pedaller, steerer and braker, but she's still on a bike smaller than that electric yoke.

byegad

Legendary Member
I watched, silently laughing as a friends 6 yr old totally failed to operate anything but the throttle on a fairground electric car ride. Throttle wide open she drove a graceful curve into the side barrier, rebounded and hit the central barrier and stayed there with motor stalled until the attendant pulled her away from the barrier, a repeat, slightly less than graceful curve ensued, as she tearfully hit the poor kid driving in the correct direction head on. She had zero idea about steering, and even less about releasing the throttle.
Put her on a balance Ebike and we'd have been +1 on the road casualty list.

Top Bottom