E-bike cuts out.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kaienana

I have an Engwei bike & it cuts out after a few minutes.
I have to stop & start again,
And so on! It's not the controller, I changed it. The battery seems okay.
No apparent worn wires. Open to advice.

I have an Engwei bike & it cuts out after a few minutes.
I have to stop & start again,
And so on! It's not the controller, I changed it. The battery seems okay.
No apparent worn wires. Open to advice.

I have no idea about those specific bike

but does it cut out totally - or are some lights (or whatever) still on and just the motor stops

might help to know maybe

if you can tell

good luck anyway

Mike_P

Guru
It was a faulty torque sensor which saw the end of my converted hybrid and it's return to pure pedal power. I did source a replacement but could not get it to fit.

OP
OP
K

Kaienana

I have no idea about those specific bike

but does it cut out totally - or are some lights (or whatever) still on and just the motor stops

might help to know maybe

if you can tell

good luck anyway

I have looked at the difference between torque & cadance sensors, but can't find any that tell me where it is & what it looks like!

the snail

Guru
Also, I changed the battery & it worked for about 5 miles, then started to cut out again!

This sounds like a battery or charger issue - have you tested the voltage of the charged battery?

OP
OP
K

Kaienana

Both batteries are at around 50v. Tomorrow, I'll charge the one in use & see if it works for 5 miles...... Then wonder what it could be!

I charged the battery, it still cuts out!! Anyone know which wire goes from the cadence to the controller?

gbb

Legendary Member
A very common problem on early Carerra Crossfires (mine included) was intermittent, often frequent cutouts
Eventually found if I tape the battery securely to its mount / cradle, it doesn't do it, problem solved.

I guess vibration moves the battery around slightly, occasionally loses contact I suppose.

OP
OP
K

Kaienana

A very common problem on early Carerra Crossfires (mine included) was intermittent, often frequent cutouts
Eventually found if I tape the battery securely to its mount / cradle, it doesn't do it, problem solved.

I guess vibration moves the battery around slightly, occasionally loses contact I suppose.

Sorry, no coconut for you! The battery sits very snug in it's housing & the contacts are good, after all it did over 1.000 miles with no trouble!
I turned off the cruise control & thought I had solved it..... But it still cuts out, but less. However, When I put pressure on the pedals to go uphill, it cut out immediately. There,s possibly a problem with the speed selector? The problem is; there's no good repair person in my small town! The one who did my spokes on another bike didn't do a good job, I had to redo them after less than a week!

Top Bottom