E-bike cuts out.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry, no coconut for you! The battery sits very snug in it's housing & the contacts are good, after all it did over 1.000 miles with no trouble!
I turned off the cruise control & thought I had solved it..... But it still cuts out, but less. However, When I put pressure on the pedals to go uphill, it cut out immediately. There,s possibly a problem with the speed selector? The problem is; there's no good repair person in my small town! The one who did my spokes on another bike didn't do a good job, I had to redo them after less than a week!

Sorry - maybe I'm being thick
but what do you mean by cruise control ?
not come across this on an ebike

and if it made a bit of a difference it may be a clue

classic33

Leg End Member

The bike may be an ebike, not e-assist.
Having looked at a few from the same manufacturer, pedalling seems optional.

OP
OP
K

Kaienana

It's just like a car, set it at the speed & it holds there. It's not a twist throttle, but a little lever on the bars by the grip.

Dadam

Sounds more like a motorbike than a car.
Remains a throttle though.

It's not a throttle by definition as you cannot adjust the speed of the vehicle up and down. However I agree it probably doesn't satisfy the EPAC rules in the UK (the OP has not said where they are)

OP
OP
K

Kaienana

It seems that the control pad is not waterproof at all! I removed it & took it in to look at..... I knocked it & water kept coming out!!! Let's hope it works when dry... Then I'll have to find a way of waterproofing it!

Dadam

Put it in a sealed tub with a load of dry rice and leave it for a few days. That revived a cheapie cycle computer I had that turned out wasn't waterproof (enough).

Really not acceptable to sell any electronic gizmo for use on a bike in Britain that isn't 100% watertight.

Put it in a sealed tub with a load of dry rice and leave it for a few days. That revived a cheapie cycle computer I had that turned out wasn't waterproof (enough).

Really not acceptable to sell any electronic gizmo for use on a bike in Britain that isn't 100% watertight.

The problem with the rice thing is that it tends to generate a lot of dust in the jar
Better off just putting it on top of a radiator - insulated by a bit of cloth - and leave for a few days in the open air

Top Bottom