E Scooters > on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member

Attachments

• 42FDCAAC-5CA4-475C-B341-32951A7BFC4A.png
    42FDCAAC-5CA4-475C-B341-32951A7BFC4A.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 8

DRM

Guru
I take your point, but was talking more generally than the "legal hired ones as seen in York" you'd narrowed it down to, which is more in line with the original post.
Some of the schemes have been renewed as people have already said. But if the schemes are not renewed, that would not be a ban. escooters are already banned outside of the schemes (except on private land with the landowner's permission).
Privately owned ones are banned everywhere, doesn't stop the numpties buying them round here, same as the unregistered quads and motocross bikes & scrap scooters to go razzing round on, the point being stupid use of the trial ones such as York, will see them got rid of, they could be good, but humans are too stupid to realise the consequences of their behaviour

There are many of them being ridden around Soller in Mallorca where I'm currently visiting, many ridden 'normally' and many whipping along.

I nearly got taken out by one in Fornalaux the other day, I was cycling slowly behind people waiting to walk passed a parked car as the bus came the other way. As the bus cleared the gap I started to ride round the pedestrians only to find an e-scooter come flying between me and the back corner of the bus. I like to think my balance on a bike would have had me not coming off worse, but still.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Recently had a bloke on a hire escooter hop onto the pavement to bypass the red light on opposite side of crossroads, rejoined the road then shot across our side - we had just started to cross, green man, traffic light red. Idiot jumped the red & nearly hit an old lay in front of me in a disabled buggy.

But whats got my goat today is a 70 year old female friend of mine who I've known for 35 years, bit frail since leaving hospital a few months ago, got knocked over into a hedge by some f*****t on an escooter shooting along the pavement. He shouted 'You w****r at her and sped off:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:. She spent a night at hospital in an ambulance before being checked & fortunately was OK, just a bit shocked.
I now really, really hate these blasted things. One shop in Bristol is advertising one that does 30mph & they get ridden on cyclepaths. I've said this before, this is the motorisation of cycling facilities by bone idle folk who can't be bothered to pedal:cursing:. Rant over.....

Drago

Legendary Member
Unfortunately theyre all too easily accessed by muppets, andntheir architecture is such that their muppetry takes places where wvwn car driving muppets fear to go.

Latest from Transport for London:

@@
All privately-owned e-scooters and e-unicycles, including those that can be folded or carried, will be banned on London’s transport network from Monday 13 December. This is the result of safety concerns about these items following recent fires on TfL premises & services.

Customers in possession of such devices will not be permitted to enter any premises on TfL’s network or travel on any of its services, including on the Tube, buses, Overground, TfL Rail, Trams and DLR.

@@

Not sure what the import of the "privately owned" is. Does this mean that hire ones are exempt?

Note that it includes trains which TFL has control of, not just underground stuff.

Be intereresting to see if other train companies follow suit. In some bits of the country there are trains which go through tunnels far longer and deeper than any TFL trains.

Top Bottom