Ear-friendly helmets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Femto

I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a helmet which has straps that can be tightened up so the helmet is tight enough to be effective in an accident without almost cutting my ears off?!
The one I currently have has the usual front and rear straps which come together in a point below the ears. I find that if I slide the clips down so they are comfy, I can't get the strap tight enough to stop the helmet moving back and forth.

Cheers, JT.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
The missus got a Decathlon Rockrider helmet which has straps with a much wider spacing.

In effect they only come together in a V at the point of the jaw, rather than immediately under the ears.

Seems fairly adjustable/comfortable and as far as I can remember it was fairly cheap too...

Might be worth having a look if there is a Decathlon strore in your area.

Zoiders

A helmet with a three point harness as most are is a pain in the arse, until they go over to a proper four point harness with proper chin cup then they will always be prone to moving.

I would look at you helmet size and fit around the head band as the harness does less than you think.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Look at a helmet which has an adjustable strap at the back. This helmets keep the helmet in place and then your strap under your chin doesn't have to be as tight.

Top Bottom