Ear Tumour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After having an hearing test I am going to have an MRI scan on Wednesday because my doctor thinks I may have a tumour in my ear.
Not something if I am honest I would particularly want but I have Goggled it and its not too worrying given what many suffer from.
I have raised in on here just to ask if anyone else have had this problem and if they have what had to be done to deal with it.
Thanks

Slick

Guru
Never heard of it, if you pardon the pun. Good its not too serious but still doesn't sound nice.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sorry to hear your news. I have never heard of something like that. Good luck with any tests that you have.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Have you suffered from tinnitus? My wife was found to have an acoustic neuroma after presenting with tinnitus and losss of hearing in one ear.
Major op back then (22 years ago) because of where the tumour is located but always benign and not life threatening.

Best wishes to you.

OP
OP
hondated

hondated

Guru
Thanks so much everyone for your advice and good wishes. Hopefully its one of those things I can get sorted.
I am guilty of saying this before so sorry for repeating it but this forum is so great in that everyone is so friendly and shows concern for everyone with a problem whether mechanical physical or indeed mental ( apologies if that is not a PC term ).
Another day nearer Spring.

furbo

It's a routine part of the work up for some types of hearing loss, an MRI scan rules out a benign acoustic neuroma as Shortandcrisp said. The great majority of deafies (Me included) don't have one.

Top Bottom