Over Ear Headphones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thinking of buying the Sennheiser Hd 450bt wireless headphones which have had good reviews but the only thing is I will be in a quiet environment next to someone only a couple of feet away and I have read that most OTE headphones leak sound quite badly.
I have got earbuds but fancied a change as I have an Amazon gift card.
If they do leak it's going to be a no no.
I'd love some feedback on this query.
Thanks TCS

figbat

Slippery scientist
Thinking of buying the Sennheiser Hd 450bt wireless headphones which have had good reviews but the only thing is I will be in a quiet environment next to someone only a couple of feet away and I have read that most OTE headphones leak sound quite badly.
I have got earbuds but fancied a change as I have an Amazon gift card.
If they do leak it's going to be a no no.
I'd love some feedback on this query.
Thanks TCS

I have the predecessor, the HD 4.50 BTNC, which I use at work, in an open-plan office, on video and audio calls. The noise cancelling is great and I've never had a problem of picking up audio from the office (ie people I am talking to hearing my background noises). When I use Apple earbuds this is a huge issue. I am not aware of any appreciable sound leakage either (at least it has never been mentioned either at work or in my home office which I share with my wife). I'll admit I don't listen to music much, just other people yakking, but with the good noise cancelling you can have music quite low and still clearly hear it.

I'd have thought that on-the-ear headphones would suffer more than over-the-ear.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've got some... they're great but soundwise, not a patch on the corded HD-25*. They still sound good though, and the battery life is amazing.

I suppose i could check for sound leakage by wearing them on my thigh whilst playing some dub-step?

[edit]... just tried them around my thigh with the volume at double what I'd normally listen to and could just about hear a whisper from them. At normal volume, nothing.

*which sound better than pretty much any hi-fi speakers I've listened to... so it is quite a high bar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
I've got some... they're great but soundwise, not a patch on the corded HD-25*. They still sound good though, and the battery life is amazing.

I suppose i could check for sound leakage by wearing them on my thigh whilst playing some dub-step?

[edit]... just tried them around my thigh with the volume at double what I'd normally listen to and could just about hear a whisper from them. At normal volume, nothing.

*which sound better than pretty much any hi-fi speakers I've listened to... so it is quite a high bar.
@MontyVeda Thanks for doing that test.I'm looking at cordless as I have a Samsung phone with no headphone jack also have a Sony walkman which has a jack or Bluetooth.
What do the HD 450's sound like corded ?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
One thing i like about the August EP650 bt headphones the Sennheiser's replaced is being able to listen through the USB charge cable, or a 3.5mm jack lead, or wirelessly. The cable options don't require battery power, which is good because I think i wrecked the batteries through over charging. They only hold charge for a few hours whether they're being used or not. They're also an excellent pair of headphones for around £30 if you manage to not wreck the batteries.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
I’m in the same boat but since I already had headphones with a 3.5mm jack and didn’t want to pay for another set, I bought one of these and it works a treat. It also lets me charge the phone while wearing the headphones.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09BJRQZB2

Good idea.
I do have some wired headphones but i'm going to try the single unit

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/BENEWY-Headphone-Adapter-Samsung-Galaxy-Gray/dp/B096XQ8T15/ref=psdc_1340509031_t1_B09KX37HJQ?th=1

Last edited:
Top Bottom