Early morning ride ends early

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dragonsnapper

Last week went out for a early morning ride at 06.00. Beautiful morning clear blue sky with a very low sun. As the sun was so low it was in my eyes. On a route I had ridden often I was going from inroad cycle path to pavement cycle lane. Because the sun was in my eyes I missed the lowered kerb and hit the raised kerb! Seconds later I was on the ground. Feeling a bit sore I thought I’d just loosen up a bit and ride home. After 20 minutes I realised I could not ride.
Had to phone my wife for a lift home. As soon as she saw me she insisted that she would take me to A&E. Result was X-ray lot of pain and a fractured pelvis. That was basically my only injury. When I checked my helmet later I found a crack in the side yet I didn’t even realise that I had hit my head! Certainly saved me from a sore head. Don’t think I’ll be riding for a while.
281B030B-6207-4CFB-9619-7D5BF108A70D.jpeg

Globalti

Legendary Member
Bad luck. Paracetamol is your friend, 1gm taken 4 times a day, keep a note of times by the bedside so as not to let the level drop. It got me through 2 broken ribs and a collar bone.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:hugs:

MntnMan62

Über Member
Sorry to hear of your mishap. And glad you will be ok. I often find myself blinded by the light (revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night) and on routes that I have been umpteen times I find myself hitting those little jarring obstacles that make you want to blow something up because the pain travels all the way up your arms into your shoulders and takes a half a minute to go away. Go get yourself a new helmet and hope you'll be back on the bike soon.

GWS & hope you will be back riding again soon. Crap way to end an early morning ride but hopefully you will have many more good rides with a better ending to come 👍

Bad luck. Paracetamol is your friend, 1gm taken 4 times a day, keep a note of times by the bedside so as not to let the level drop. It got me through 2 broken ribs and a collar bone.

I had a broken collar bone that did not heal so a bone graft was needed and screws/plates to rebuild it. The shoulder felt great the minute I woke up with no real pain but good god the pain in my hip from the bone removal 😖 I struggled to walk and paracetamol became my friend very quickly

Top Bottom