Early Morning Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Due to circumstances beyond my control I have been off the bike for nine days, so I thought I would get out this morning for a short spin to give my legs a stretch ready for the commute tomorrow morning.

So leave the house at 5.20am, only time available, in order to try a couple of, new to me, Strava climbs to see how slow I am:blush:, a 1.8km hill with an average gradient of 5.5% and a 1.6km hill with an average gradient of 5.2%

As I am riding out of town I see quite a few club stragglers, either sitting down or staggering around talking loudly. Reminded me of the days I used to do the same but very glad I grew out of it.

Nihal

Veteran
:scratch:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
hey, that's because you wrote "club stragglers"! This is CChat, I thought you meant "cycle club" :smile:
Like Nihal, I was confused on reading your post :wacko:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
On the past two York-Hull FNRttC rides we've paddled past a night club in Goole in the early hours of the morning and wreaked havoc with the senses of the folk staggering around outside it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i managed to get my daughter to put more than normal effort in on this morning tandem ride and we did the 1.5 miles home at speeds between 20 - 25 mph so alot quicker than the normal sedatley 13 -15 mph , upon arrival at home all she could say was that her legs were wobbly !

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I would like to publicly state that I personally have never straggled out of a night club in the wee small hours. I leave clubs with decorum, grace and elegance. Or so I believe.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
i managed to get my daughter to put more than normal effort in on this morning tandem ride and we did the 1.5 miles home at speeds between 25 - 25 mph so alot quicker than the normal sedatley 13 -15 mph , upon arrival at home all she could say was that her legs were wobbly !

Evil dad. :evil:

Top Bottom