East London and Southend!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lee_M, 2 Aug 2012.

1. Lee_M

Lee_M Veteran

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, and just back on the bike afte a two year layoff (triple discectomy!)

I live in Wanstead east London and have a small weekend place in Leigh on sea near Southend, so currently my main ride is between the two (about 50k).

Struggling to get the miles in as I work away from home a lot but hope to be able to up the mileage so I can join a club or two (they can be a bit daunting on their websites when they say "come and join us on our Sunday ride, we only do 60 miles"!

2. re84uk

re84uk Active Member

Hi Lee *waves from Southend*

3. OP
    OP
    Lee_M

Lee_M Veteran

Hi and thanks for the welcome

If you see a lone biker on a blue tifosi, say hi, it will probably be me!

4. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Hi Lee, welcome to Cycle Chat.

If you see a lone biker on a black Specialized on the Grays one way system trying to find a way through it whilst on a trip to Southend and back.... that will be me

5. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

And if you see two other cyclists behind him laughing at him being lost again. That'll be me and Ross (rb58)

:welcome:

ianrauk likes this.
  6. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Hello Lee and welcome along from a Brentwood fella.

I've played cricket at both Wanstead and Chalkwell Park, nice grounds and pleasant areas.

Plenty of non (too) serious CC rides around London and the south east, so keep your eyes open if you want a day out with a good bunch of people.

7. compo

compo Veteran

If you see a geriatric with his fishing tackle on the Stansted Airport - Southend bus that'll probably be me :thumbsup:

8. ChocolateTeapot

ChocolateTeapot Regular

Go easy dude.....

Hi and welcome from Chelmsford! I know your area well I've worked I that area for 12 years now ;-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice