East London Triathletes Duathlon - 17th February

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Hello all! My 2nd duathlon of the year went well on Sunday! Here are some photos! It was WARM! I had my heaviest base layer on - definitely didn't need it!

The distances were 1 Mile Run/10 Mile Bike/1 Mile Run. I did a 1 mile pb of 11:31 for the first mile run and was slow, but strong up hills. The bike went well - except I lost concentration half way and lost count of my laps (this happens A LOT- this was the wake up call I needed) I thought I did 10 laps.

HOWEVER, later on when I checked the results I ended up as a DNF. I was so angry at myself. But I have an ingenious idea of chalking laps on my handlebars and scrub one line off after each lap.

I am planning to step up my distances this year, I was feeling a little fat after looking at my photos from the weekend, so I was in two minds to go out yesterday and try 5k/20k/5k which is what I want to try next competition in 3 weeks...as I felt achey and the weather looked a bit BLERGH....BUT....I went out and I managed to do 5k/11.6k/4.34k and I actually felt pretty good! Especially after competition yesterday! So that definitely gave me the confidence boost I needed!

3 weeks of training now for 10th March at Gravesend.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190218-092728.png
    Screenshot_20190218-092728.png
    187.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20190218-093327.png
    Screenshot_20190218-093327.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 52

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You did well. Good luck for the tenth (my birthday).

Stephenite

Membå
I think you'd benefit from a sportswatch, or a bike computer, for example. Something that would show you distance covered.

I need to use a sportswatch when i'm swimming in the pool. I know someone who swims up to 8km in a 25m pool so, if i'm not mistaken, that's 320 laps! I lose count after about four.

...and well done, Charlotte :smile:

Top Bottom