east mids ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
i enjoyed the last one but it seems to have died a death, but if anyone wants to meet for another im happy to lead the way on an interesting up and down ride from thumaston to rutland water, one full lap and back= 55 miles there is a little gravel surfaced setion bur my road bike manges it in dry weather anyone up for it

i enjoyed the last one but it seems to have died a death, but if anyone wants to meet for another im happy to lead the way on an interesting up and down ride from thumaston to rutland water, one full lap and back= 55 miles there is a little gravel surfaced setion bur my road bike manges it in dry weather anyone up for it

I only looked in here because I was thinking the same... I have the 6th\7th and 20th\21st off from parental duties.

As it was Phil and I clocked around 55miles, so not sure what a rutland water trip would do - but I hear that there is a Giant shop on the south coast that may be worth a visit... :-)

Whatever we decide, the main failing last time was ensuring a decent fuel stop - must plan a pint and a bite this time!
biggrin.gif

3tyretrackterry

Iam In depending on date and work
fuel stop could be Rutland water there are two large bike shops and a cafe or two
plus oakham isnt that far i am led to believe
If the Notts lads were to meet us on route it may save them a few miles
very quik look at map says Melton Mowbray may be a meeting point then on to Oakham and then Rutland

OP
OP
steve52

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
6 and 7th are out foe me im doing the ryedale rumble but as for route im flexible, from me i know the small lanes and can do here to oakham on minor roads i think it can be done via melton but needs to be worked on with a route planner thing whos got gps?

OP
OP
steve52

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
ouch sorry to hear that terry, its just us guys we need a leader ? im free 13/14th too?

Eeek, just checked Nottingham to Rutland route - it would make for atleast a 70miler straight there and back along the 606 - and I am never riding that road again since doing Notts-Cambridge last year. Far too narrow and busy.

A suitable detour would push up the mileage even more...eek.

Top Bottom