East Riding 100 mile ride - January

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Hope it goes / has gone well for you all

Did a short ride today (13 miles (with trailer) bits of TPT - which wasn't as bad as the roads) - everything frozen & super-slippy, & that was not till 10ish.

Hope the blue sky adds to the day and the cake stops help!

colly

Re member eR
Many thanks Soltydog for organising today. (and for the coffee and cake :eek:) Very nice to meet you and Andrew (not sure of your name on here)

Damn it was cold at the outset, and those roads on the way to Spurn were lethally slippery. I'm surprised no one came off.

Sorry to have to get back to Hull station for 5. I hope you both made up the few extra miles to make the full 100.

I did a quick loop near home of about 2 miles and then once around the block. 100.43 in total.

I meant what I said, if you fancy an afternoon out in the countryside north of Leeds anytime just let me know and I will organise it. Maybe when it's a little warmer. (tea or beer at mine afterwards)

Thanks again Solty.:smile:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Nice to meet you Colly

If there had been no ice & no puncture I think we would have racked the ton up before 5, but I seem to have a knack of organising rides on the most icey roads round here :smile:
I ended up clocking 102.4 miles, came home & had tea & just nipped out for a desereved pint, but I think my bed's calling now :smile:

Maybe best to sort out a Leeds ride in the warmer weather :eek:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've been suffering today too. Legs aching like never before :sad: Woke up in the early hours & struggled to sleep cause of pain in my knees :biggrin:
Also I've not really stopped eating all day, guess i didn't eat enough yesterday. Need a bigger pack up next time :smile:

colly

Re member eR
Soltydog said:
I've been suffering today too. Legs aching like never before :sad: Woke up in the early hours & struggled to sleep cause of pain in my knees :biggrin:
Also I've not really stopped eating all day, guess i didn't eat enough yesterday. Need a bigger pack up next time :smile:

Same here.
Just polished of a block of dark chocolate ......................well it was asking for it!!!!

I think it has to do with how cold it was. All that energy used up trying to keep warm etc.

colly

Re member eR
Couple of pics from Saturday :

The ones of the Humber Bridge are from the train window taken with my phone camera.

Top Bottom