East Riding 100 mile ride - January

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm planning on doing my first 100 mile ride next month & hopefully at least one each month.
I have a couple of roughly planned routes, which can be altered slightly to accomodate anyone else wanting to come along.
Hull - Bev - York - Selby - Hull, or Hull - Brid - Withernsea - Hull

I'm off work for a couple of weeks from 14th Jan, so it will be sometime during that break.

I'm wanting to complete it during daylight hours, so maybe setting off at 8.30am & finished by 4pm With just one tea/cake stop it would mean an ave speed of 13mph+ so slightly faster than our normal group rides

if anyone else fancies coming along on this let me know your preferred route, start point & dates.

Cheers
Paul

colly

Re member eR
Well I know I am a good distance from your start point (Hull) but if the calendar works out ok I wouldn't mind joining you.

Hull is just over an hour from me on the M62.

For me Hull-Brid.-Hull would be better because if I had to go through Selby and then back to Hull I am not sure I would have the heart for it. ;)

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Sorry think it's going to be March before I'm ready / defrosted /fit enough / run out of excuses...

I wish I could but it seems a bit mad for me to ride to Hull - York - Hull - York? so if it is a 100mile ride I would be doing 180miles:ohmy: I can do long rides (100+) but I think that will be pushing it:wacko: Maaybe ?

And on my Single Speed!

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
It's looking likely to be the weekend, either Sat 24th or Sun 25th.
Still working on the route but will use the holderness loop which runs down by Sunk Island, Withersea areas & then we'll be heading north, but maybe not as far as Brid. Need to plot the route & mileage to make sure its 100 & not too much more :smile:
Off work for 15 days now, so should get chance to finalise the route v soon :rofl:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
1st revision of route plan is here
Contains some tracks that i have not yet ridden, so not sure of surfaces. Hopefully i'll get out & check them next week, to ensure they are ok, otherwise the route may have to take in more a roads :wacko:
Can be changed to take in Spurn Point if people require ?

colly

Re member eR
Soltydog said:
1st revision of route plan is here
Contains some tracks that i have not yet ridden, so not sure of surfaces. Hopefully i'll get out & check them next week, to ensure they are ok, otherwise the route may have to take in more a roads :wacko:
Can be changed to take in Spurn Point if people require ?

Always had a hankering to go there. For no reason I suppose other than it's as far as you can go.:biggrin:

Top Bottom