East Yorkshire April 100 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
marinyork said:
Yes it was doing roaring business. The chocolate cake is quite large if you visit.

It was impressive, indeed. And the quirky hippy style service added a certain je ne sais quoi.

oh dear, I look fat....

zacklaws

Guru
Only two solution's for all this "fat", more 100 milers or buy a wider set of handlebars to pose behind.

Or there again cut out the flapjacks.

I did some calculations after Sundays ride and my carbohydrate intake is far in excess of what I burn off in theory on a ride, so this may be why I am struggling with weightloss. Last year I lost 3 stone, just drinking water and orange juice, this year hardly lost anything and thats with drinking energy drinks, and my own made up from glucose, fructose, and maltodextrin.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
zacklaws said:
Only two solution's for all this "fat", more 100 milers or buy a wider set of handlebars to pose behind.

Or there again cut out the flapjacks.

I did some calculations after Sundays ride and my carbohydrate intake is far in excess of what I burn off in theory on a ride, so this may be why I am struggling with weightloss.

I'll go for more 100 milers :sad:

Last year I cut out a lot of carbs & find I'm fine on rides under around 50 miles without the carb load up. Only tend to eat loads of carbs (& flapjack) when doing in excess of 50 miles. Try cutting out carbs & the weight will prob fall off if you carry on with the cycling :wahhey:

Thinking of doing a ride upto Brid in the next couple of weeks if you fancy it ?

zacklaws

Guru
>>>>>Thinking of doing a ride upto Brid in the next couple of weeks if you fancy it ?<<<

Sounds Good, thats about just over 55 mile round trip depending on route, pick some dates and I'll see if I am off work. Will not know for sure what I will be working May 10 to May 16 as it is my flexi week but should have 3 or 4 days off in that period, but I have off 8, 9, 17, 18, and 19 May off

zacklaws

Guru
My days off next week are 11th, 12th and the 15th. As I have not had the chance to get out for a decent ride since the "100" due to too many commitments etc I fancy doing something totally stupid like 3 100 milers, just to see what I may be capable of.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
zacklaws said:
I fancy doing something totally stupid like 3 100 milers, just to see what I may be capable of.

I can't make the 12th, but the other days are fine. I don't think i'll be doing 3 100 milers though :smile:

Soltydog said:
I'll go for more 100 milers :biggrin:

Last year I cut out a lot of carbs & find I'm fine on rides under around 50 miles without the carb load up. Only tend to eat loads of carbs (& flapjack) when doing in excess of 50 miles. Try cutting out carbs & the weight will prob fall off if you carry on with the cycling ;)

Thinking of doing a ride upto Brid in the next couple of weeks if you fancy it ?

+1 on cutting out the carbs

Arch

Married to Night Train
spandex said:
+1 on cutting out the carbs

My problem is, what's life without carbs? I'd rather live without sauce, than pasta (etc etc)

I am trying very hard to control my spaghetti measuring, I cook about half what I used to for one portion!

Top Bottom