East Yorkshire April 100 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Got home just before dark. 124.5 miles but fit to drop now :thumbsup:

& it's Craig in the picture with the dogs, don't go ruining my reputation (I can do that all alone) :tongue:

Thanks all for coming & making it an enjoyable day

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
115 miles approx (*my comp decided to go silly when I took it off!)

-8 hours & 51 mins approx riding (I think*)

7 good riding buddies (at various stages)

2 dogs :tongue:!

2 tired legs

1 sore shoulder

1 very big silly grin :thumbsup:

... July? http://www.eastyorkshireclassic.co.uk/cyclosportive/route.aspx

zacklaws

Guru
Sorry about getting names wrong Paul, my instincts told me not to go on the net as I would mess things up as I seemed a bit light headed after getting home but I ignored myself. About an hour after getting into bed and thinking through the day I suddenly realised my error but the mattress felt too good to get up and boot the computer up to correct it.

Checked through the route this morning and compared the original to the actual from my recording on the satnav and there was hardly difference at all. About the biggest deviation was after crossing the bridge over the A63 but it only put us out by about a couple of hundred meters overall

Arch

Married to Night Train
Blimey, I feel quite feeble with my 26 and an bit total (almost exactly marathon distance, I think, I can't imagine running it!). Still, I had a good ride back (aided by a tailwind) and I think I kept up a similar pace to the way out, which was on the fast side for me. And I did over a quarter of your total, in the end.

On the cycle path back, I overtook about 10 people. Ok, they were all on hybrids or MTBs (or standing stationary, or 5 years old), but I felt quite sporty.

I can see I'm going to have to train myself up for 100. Well done everyone!

And you know what? I forgot to dish out the flapjacks! I should have handed them over when we split up. Next time...

HelenD123

Legendary Member
You kept up a good pace Arch. It's amazing how quickly a bit of training pays off so just keep it up. We'll get you doing a century in a few months!

zacklaws

Guru
Soltydog said:
We'll all be doing the 160km now I take it ;)

I've been thinking of these rides for a while, but I know that they all have hills that I cannot climb which has put me off, such as Nunburnholme, yet I can climb the one at Thixendale which is worse than that one so I'm in a quandry whether to attempt it or not.

Come Thursday when I have time, I will give the 100km one a go or even the 160km (if I have the time) but as we mentioned on Sunday, when your with others you have more determination not to give in so it may be totally different on the day.

If I new what the time categories were then I would know straight away if I could achieve it, even if I do a little pushing the bike along.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
zacklaws said:
I've been thinking of these rides for a while, but I know that they all have hills that I cannot climb which has put me off

I don't know the route, or the hills involved & i think i'll leave it that way. Trying it solo beforehand is different to doing it in a group ride on the day ;)
if you try it & fail whilst on your own, you'll be worried about doing it all the ride ;)

That's my theory anyway :-D

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
You kept up a good pace Arch. It's amazing how quickly a bit of training pays off so just keep it up. We'll get you doing a century in a few months!

Yeah, I should just get out more at the weekends. Although with the prospect of 24/7 PhD writing looming....

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Soltydog said:
We'll all be doing the 160km now I take it :ohmy:

I did that last year, and it's not easy. :tongue:

Over 7900 feet of climbing, including Huggate, Life Hill (Wetwang), Towthorpe, Wharram le Street, Thixendale, Hanging Grimston, Acklam Wold, Bishop Wilton, Millington, Huggate again, Baggaby Hill, Nunburnholme, and with 10 miles to go the short but nasty on the legs pull out of Goodmanham.

I have pencilled in to do it again this year, and hopefully won't fall off doing 20mph like I did last year at the 50 mile mark, and painfully carried on with a bruised shoulder.:biggrin:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Pic of the tea party on Sunday :biggrin:
picture.php

Top Bottom