East Yorkshire April 100 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Arch said:
There's one at Naburn - my only reservation about it is that it has in the past been a bit intermittant in terms of being open. I think it's run a bit ad hoc.... Mind you if it was shut, we could try the pub - ah, on a Sunday they do a carvery and are always rather busy...

My mrs and I had a real nice lunch there after riding up from Selby one sunny day last year.;)
Nice garden :
4iyp3a.jpg

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I'm considering joining you on Sunday. My average speed is up and I'm feeling fairly fit so I think I should be able to manage at least a fair chunk of the ride. I'm thinking I could bail out at one of the train stations along the southern bit if I'm struggling. What do you reckon?

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
That seems a good idea Helen. Think all the trains are running on Sunday & we pass very close to Selby station, which is just over half way, but only other stations I'd recommend bailing out at on a Sunday are Gilberdyke & Brough :ohmy:
Shall I bring a timetable ?

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Soltydog said:
That seems a good idea Helen. Think all the trains are running on Sunday & we pass very close to Selby station, which is just over half way, but only other stations I'd recommend bailing out at on a Sunday are Gilberdyke & Brough :ohmy:
Shall I bring a timetable ?

If you could bring a timetable that would be good, although I can print one off if necessary. I've checked and there's no engineering work;). See you at the Minster at 10am.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Any idea on an ETA/meeting venue at York yet? Millennium Birdge seems like a good pick up point, on the route. If I stand half way along, I probably can't miss you all!

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Sorry Arch, not wanting to avoid you at all, just busy :biggrin:

I reckon it will be 1pm at the earliest at Millenium bridge, but maybe a little after depending on cake stops :biggrin:

If you want to PM me your phone number I'll call you when we are somewhere near

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Probably worth texting the York contingent when we get somewhere fixed. I'd say set a time but text a warning when we go through Dunnington.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Soltydog said:
Sorry Arch, not wanting to avoid you at all, just busy :sad:

I reckon it will be 1pm at the earliest at Millenium bridge, but maybe a little after depending on cake stops ;)

If you want to PM me your phone number I'll call you when we are somewhere near

Ok, PM sent. I may get to check in here again tomorrow, otherwise see you all Sunday. I'll aim to be down at the Millennium Bridge for 1pm, unless I hear anything to the contrary (like, 'be there earlier!'):biggrin:

colly

Re member eR
Sorry but I think I am going to have to cry off on Sunday.:wacko::sad::sad::sad:

I did a long ride last weekend and I found it hard going pretty much all the way round and this past week I have been whacked out by about lunchtime every day.
I don't feel 'ill' as such but think I must be fighting off some kind of bug or virus. I need to get this out of my system and pushing myself won't help matters. So unless I improve dramatically tomorrow I won't be there.
;)
It's a shame because I was looking forward to it and to meeting you all. Oh well.

Have a great ride and lets hope the sun stays out for you.

Arch

Married to Night Train
See people tomorrow. Soltygod has my mobile number, so I'll wait for a text/call with an ETA at the Millenium Bridge. I think Helen might also have my number... I think I have hers - unless it's another random Helen!

Top Bottom