Easy Jet Refund.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
A flight I booked two years ago which was cancelled and I have re booked two or three times with the money owed to me by Easy Jet I decided to cancel altogether the other day.

Just wanted to say how straightforward the cancellation process was on their website and the money was back on my credit card within five days.

I was expecting a lot of hard work so fair play to them.

SydZ

Über Member
I was expecting this to be a rant about how poor the experience was and how difficult they were being.

Glad to hear that you experience was the opposite.

Chris S

Legendary Member
A flight I booked two years ago which was cancelled and I have re booked two or three times with the money owed to me by Easy Jet I decided to cancel altogether the other day.

Just wanted to say how straightforward the cancellation process was on their website and the money was back on my credit card within five days.

I was expecting a lot of hard work so fair play to them.
It took them about a month to refund me (at the height of COVID). I was beginning to look at chargeback and other options.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Mixed bag here, the online refund of a flight works well, but talking to customer service is less positive. I was on a flight that was cancelled, the two Swissport agents working the flight had maybe 170 pax to help, so one of them shouted out that if we had the means to rebook ourselves for the next day then we should do so and easyJet would reimburse. They correctly stated that easyJet would also reimburse for a hotel for the night and transport costs, as per the EU reg, so we should book that ourselves if we could, and keep the receipts.

So I rebooked for the next day, and to be fair the online refund process for the cancelled flight worked well, no issues there. I elected to take a taxi home as that was cheaper than a hotel plus taxis, and I sent in my taxi receipts (totalling about 80 pounds) to easyJet and they looked into it. I then got a reply back, rejecting my receipts with the gobbledegook line: "We cannot accept this receipt as you must provide cost individual price of items or which provides the stamp on their receipt". I wrote back pointing out that this is the customer receipt the taxi company give, they don't stamp receipts, each receipt contained just one cost (the single journey), the company name, date of travel etc, and it was perfectly valid. I never heard back despite chasing a few times. In the end I decided that 80 quid wasn't worth the time and effort pursuing, it did make me wonder if they rely on people giving up. He who shouts loudest and all that.
I don't think they're the worst outfit for reimbursing customers, but they're not great in my experience. Good airline generally speaking, not always so good when something goes wrong. Fairly typical of a LoCo really, I suppose they're cheaper for a reason.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I’m sure many of these airlines, especially the low cost ones work on the old premise ‘ Bullsh**t baffles brains’ when dealing with these claims.

si_c

Guru
We've had a few flights with Easyjet cancelled over the last couple of years, and each time found the process to be really good. Ryanair were truly dreadful in the beginning although they seem to have upped their game lately around pandemic related flight cancellations although not quite as good as Easyjet.

Emirates were half decent - they gave us the option of vouchers (which we took as we were supposed to fly March 2020) and have kept renewing them, although we recently cancelled the booking as we're buying a house so not likely to go long haul this year or next. The refund is going to take about a month though, which is disappointing.

Kernow_T

Über Member
It has always seemed straightforward over the app in fairness.... we've flown easyJet a fair few times and have amended flights over the pandemic, and again, and then again, however of the 2 flights we currently have booked I'm a little disappointed they're not offering me a voucher given one is only a couple of months after baby due (obviously booked and amended before we knew).

I've tried 2 emails and both times fobbed off.... it's a bit of a stress as I would amend but flights aren't into 2023 yet and we already have a separate booking for later in 2022. Reckon it's worth keeping haranguing? Like I said, I don't expect a refund but am surprised they're not happy, in the circumstances, to offer a voucher/credit.

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
It's one thing if the airline cancels the flight(s).

Some friends of mine were supposed to fly recently, but came down with covid at the ciritical time so they had to change their flights to later (cheaper) dates. A certain Irish airline refused to refund the difference, and slapped on charges amounting to £100 per person!

Lessons: Take a good look at your airline T&Cs & travel insurance policy

Doubt many of you fly with EVA AIR (Taiwan Airways). My last planned flight to UK was with them, but then Covid upset the applecart. Full refund no issues, think I lost about a tenner with exchange rate differences. Have flown with them many times over the years - can highly recommend :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Doubt many of you fly with EVA AIR (Taiwan Airways). My last planned flight to UK was with them, but then Covid upset the applecart. Full refund no issues, think I lost about a tenner with exchange rate differences. Have flown with them many times over the years - can highly recommend :okay:
I flew to Thailand with them years and years ago. Think all was ok

Top Bottom