Easy Jet Tickets and adding a bike for one leg of an existing two leg booking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abcd efg

Über Member
Could someone please advise as to how I can add a bicycle to just one leg of an existing booking. Everytime we try, it wants to book my bike for both the going and coming legs. I just need to add it to the return as I am going to collect a new bike and then return home with it.

Many thanks

si_c

Guru
Could someone please advise as to how I can add a bicycle to just one leg of an existing booking. Everytime we try, it wants to book my bike for both the going and coming legs. I just need to add it to the return as I am going to collect a new bike and then return home with it.

Many thanks
You may need to wait until you have completed the outbound trip and book the additional baggage before the return trip. Check with easyjet.

In the past I have not been able to find an adequate way to do this, other than booking single trips. Mrs C wanted to take a snowboard on an outbound trip last year after we'd already booked, and it turned out to be easier to post it than faff around with the booking system.

OP
OP
A

abcd efg

Über Member
You may need to wait until you have completed the outbound trip and book the additional baggage before the return trip. Check with easyjet.

In the past I have not been able to find an adequate way to do this, other than booking single trips. Mrs C wanted to take a snowboard on an outbound trip last year after we'd already booked, and it turned out to be easier to post it than faff around with the booking system.
Would you know a phone number that would get us to someone in that deartment at Easy Jet?

si_c

Guru
Would you know a phone number that would get us to someone in that deartment at Easy Jet?
Sorry no, I didn't get that far, we just gave up as it was quick and easy enough to organise a courier. I'd suggest ringing the main customer service number or emailing them. Depends on how quickly you need an answer.

OP
OP
A

abcd efg

Über Member
Thanks for your advice. It is just such a pain trying to speak with a real person at Easy Jet. I haven't flown with a bike since the 1970s when it was a piece of cake dealing with BA and Air Canada.. A few days ago I called BA when I was considering them for this trip which is being made to collect a new bike from Airnimal. Someone at BA, answered the phone and gave me the advice that I needed in a matter of minutes. You pay more for the service eventually, but maybe it is worth it.

Thanks again

OP
OP
A

abcd efg

Über Member
I managed to get through to EasyJet last night and was told that if I want to add a bike that hadn't been included on the 'going' part of a ticket, it can only be done after the first trip has been completed. As well, it can be done online.

OP
OP
A

abcd efg

Über Member
Another question about bikes and Easy Jet if I might and which I don't seemto be able to get an answer to from EasyJet online. Are there are rules regarding how much time in advance of departure must one check in if I have a bike in a box for hold baggage? Does haveing the bike mean that checkin times are any different from not having hold baggage?

Many thanks

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Does haveing the bike mean that checkin times are any different from not having hold baggage?
Quite possibly. You will probably have to take the bike to a separate outsize baggage check in desk which may or may not be staffed, and the queue may not move as quickly as the normal ones.

If you turn up at the last minute you may be disappointed or have to travel on a different flight to your bike.

OP
OP
A

abcd efg

Über Member
Quite possibly. You will probably have to take the bike to a separate outsize baggage check in desk which may or may not be staffed, and the queue may not move as quickly as the normal ones.

If you turn up at the last minute you may be disappointed or have to travel on a different flight to your bike.
Good advice! Thanks

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Another question about bikes and Easy Jet if I might and which I don't seemto be able to get an answer to from EasyJet online. Are there are rules regarding how much time in advance of departure must one check in if I have a bike in a box for hold baggage? Does haveing the bike mean that checkin times are any different from not having hold baggage?

Many thanks

No different and turn up to your preferences. The oversize baggage conveyor is rarely all that far away.

OP
OP
A

abcd efg

Über Member
No different and turn up to your preferences. The oversize baggage conveyor is rarely all that far away.
Thanks. I have been touring since the seventies, but having just been gifted a new Airnimal Joey by my family as an 80th birthday present, flying with a bike is something I haven't done since the seventies when it was much more straight forward. So I am grateful for the advice I have been getting through this forum. Cheers

OP
OP
A

abcd efg

Über Member
Thanks. I have been touring since the seventies, but having just been gifted a new Airnimal Joey by my family as an 80th birthday present, flying with a bike is something I haven't done since the seventies when it was much more straight forward. So I am grateful for the advice I have been getting through this forum. Cheers
I should have got back before this, but everything went well. Interestingl. The oversize baggage swection was only available two hours before the flight. Interestingly. the Airnimal Travel Case was scratched in a number of places, but then, I suppose we use a case to avoid scratching the bike. Thanks again for all the advice given.

Top Bottom