easy wheels size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi:hello: I have seen few bromptons with customised easy wheels not from brompton they lift bike higher do you think easy wheels would be better bigger?

avarliew

I got the bigger wheels. Not from Brompton. Better for sure

Are you are referring to the skate wheels or eazy wheels? The former are not recommended by Brompton but I don't see why not.

avarliew

I had bought larger wheels to replace the eazy wheels. I don't have a rack but the bigger wheels allow me to roll my bike better than when on the eazy wheels

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi:smile: yes the customised wheels look better I find brompton easy wheels bit small if not useing a rack if pulling bike with handle bars and you lift them more up right up position can drag suspension block on the floor

Rocky

Hello decadence
I think you may be confused about what easy wheels are.......here's a picture to help:

brompton-eazy-wheel-set-r.jpg

They are the little black wheels on the rack/frame which allow a partially folded Brommie to be pushed along rather than be carried

roley poley

Über Member
If I put anything bigger on mine then I'd be constantly hitting them with my heels and calves. I occasionally hit the ones on there now.
I only just clear my ezey wheels now but will sometimes clip them depending on the shoes i wear at the time ...they are still worth it as i have learned which shoes to avoid when on the brommie:okay:
(edit) mine's a 2002 T3 with a shorter wheel base which may contribute to a heel clip but i dont know for sure

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Bigger ones *may* stop the bike fitting under the parcel racks on some newer trains. On a GWR Class 800, mine only just slides in.

Kell

Veteran
I only just clear my ezey wheels now but will sometimes clip them depending on the shoes i wear at the time ...they are still worth it as i have learned which shoes to avoid when on the brommie:okay:
(edit) mine's a 2002 T3 with a shorter wheel base which may contribute to a heel clip but i dont know for sure

I miss mine by mm as it is - and that's because I use SPDs so my feet are far enough forward when I pedal. But if I don't clip in on the first go, I'll often hit it quite hard if my foot's not in the correct position.

I have very average sized feet - though my cycling shoes are a UK10 (44) so anyone with bigger feet must struggle.

Biker man

I miss mine by mm as it is - and that's because I use SPDs so my feet are far enough forward when I pedal. But if I don't clip in on the first go, I'll often hit it quite hard if my foot's not in the correct position.

I have very average sized feet - though my cycling shoes are a UK10 (44) so anyone with bigger feet must struggle.
Mine are size 12

a.twiddler

Veteran
I am a veritable twinkletoes compared to you lot at UK size 8 and not surprisingly, don't even know my eazy wheels are there when pedalling. I don't use SPDs or similar so my feet probably move about a bit more too. It makes you wonder what Brompton's original designers were thinking about when juggling the priorities of rideability versus foldability versus ease of movement when folded. Of course the original wheels were much smaller, so maybe relocation might be a feature in the future evolution of the design.

Top Bottom