eat this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

Is that really 7 miles from Southall?
Reason i ask is i'm going to be commuting by bike into Central London and the Uxbridge Road will be my route

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My two local Indian shops stock it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Is that really 7 miles from Southall?
Reason i ask is i'm going to be commuting by bike into Central London and the Uxbridge Road will be my route

As the crow flies, it's about seven miles, and the route is pretty straight. You can plan your route with the wonderful Daftlogic tool here...

http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm

Uxbridge Road is fine to ride on and the whole route is pretty fast. When I described it as "horrid", perhaps I should have said "not very pretty".

Good luck!

Nihal

Veteran
Oh my,the Indian has now seen this thread and no,the thing which you get in packets are utter bollocksxx(
The original ones:hyper::hungry: :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

And why are you lot bothered about this dish..................Paneer Butter Masala:hyper: :hyper::hyper:
(translation....cottage cheese in butter with masala:blink:)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Looks perilously...and i mean PERILOUSLY like the filth they were dishing up to me in Egypt.
Picture014-1.jpg

For the love of God...:whistle: how long do they live out there ??? Not long eating this shiiiiiiite surely !!!

That looks like mutton and chick pea curry to me. What did you expect to find in Egypt,fish chips 'n' mushy peas? :whistle: :thumbsup:

Oh my,the Indian has now seen this thread and no,the thing which you get in packets are utter bollocksxx(
The original ones:hyper::hungry: :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

And why are you lot bothered about this dish..................Paneer Butter Masala:hyper: :hyper::hyper:
(translation....cottage cheese in butter with masala:blink:)
Nihal, wash your mouth out with साबुन - naughty boy.
Anyway, I thought the word for b******s was 'Pradesh'? (As in 'Utter Pradesh' etc...) :rolleyes:

gbb

Legendary Member
That looks like mutton and chick pea curry to me. What did you expect to find in Egypt,fish chips 'n' mushy peas? :whistle: :thumbsup:
I've worked abroad a lot and always enjoy eating different stuff, but visually, this was just too much.
TherEs a world of difference between sanitised food that comes from a packet and stuff made locally. I always ate what the local food was, even if that meant barbequed songbirds of some kind. Walk round the streets of Kafr El zaiat in Egypt, the filth has to be seen to be believed. It does make you nervous about eating....with good reason, iended up with the most violent diahorrea I ever had there, cor, never again. just too different for the stomach.

Nihal

Veteran
Nihal, wash your mouth out with साबुन - naughty boy.
Anyway, I thought the word for b******s was 'Pradesh'? (As in 'Utter Pradesh' etc...) :rolleyes:
Wash my mouth with soap..........no thank you,we got something called Mouthwash invented(or discoverd,i could'nt care less)
Recently.

And what b******s are you going on about??:whistle:

Is that ful medammes (or however you're supposed to spell it)? I love that stuff.
+ 1 ^_^
Lived in Egypt and Yemen for years and LOVED it - in all it's different forms. Surprising how much variety you can get with it. Sudanese (mashed, mixed with peanut butter, sprinkled with coriander, and chopped hard-boiled egg). Yemeni (served in a pot carved out of solid stone, and heated to ferocious temperatures). Vietnamese (yup - best of the lot!).

Top Bottom