eating fast (one orange per second)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

I came home and was really thirsty, and didn't have any drinks.
But I had some oranges. So I've just blent about 8 oranges in the blender, and they made 2 glasses of (thick) juice of between 1/2 and 1 pint each. Each glass took me about 4 seconds to down. So that means I've consumed oranges at a rate of an orange per second. Pretty good going... :smile:

Can anyone else top this? Care to recount tales of 16 pies a minute, or has anyone ever done anything wacky like necked 3 whole cows in a day?

i ate 29 slices of toast in the Centre Hotel Cardiff..during the inevitable rugby tour...sounds pathetic now but hey - bread of heaven an' all that! :smile:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

I'd have peeled them first.

(i did.)

I remember descending on a farm near Bude about 15 years ago with a bunch of friends. They had an 'all you can eat' Cornish cream tea offer on.

I'll never forget the look of concern on the poor farmer's wife when she returned to the picnic table in the garden for about the 4th time. I'm not sure whether she was more worried about her pension, or the two lads who had their heads in huge bowls of clotted cream.

mmmmm
:blush:

sounds nice
clotted cream is awesome (and expensive)
nicer with something though, oranges are good

another slightly amusing cream anecdote (probably 10 times funnier to have watched it than to read about it, but still)... my little bro had once finished whipping some cream with one of those whiskers that's got a handle that you wind and cogs so that the two whisking things turn a lot faster on a gear, and when he'd finished whipping it and it was all thick there was obviously loads left stuck to the whisking ends. So what did he do? Did he lick it? Nope, he held it up in front of his face about 6 inches from his mouth and turned the handle really fast! :sad::biggrin::biggrin: not realising that the cream would, of course, fly off in ALL directions, and not just the direction he wanted it to go in :smile:

I did used to think cake mix was really nice raw, and used to make it as a student to just eat like that, but didn't bother with the flower or egg so just used to mix butter and sugar together and eat that with a spoon.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

contrary to popular belief oranges don't contain THAT much vitamin c. not compared to say kiwis. Anyway i'm pretty healthy so i can take it.

Abitrary

If I've done my calculations right, that amount of vegetable matter and vitamin C would have been reunited with the outside world in roughly the same amount of time as it took to drink it

snorri

Legendary Member
bonj said:
spend => spent
blend => blent

:smile::blush::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Aperitif said:
i ate 29 slices of toast in the Centre Hotel Cardiff..during the inevitable rugby tour...sounds pathetic now but hey - bread of heaven an' all that! :smile:

I'd rather not say what I've done on rugby tours! :biggrin: :blush: :smile:
What goes on tour, stays on tour!

I ate six Mars bars in 30 minutes once! :sad:
And 15 dry cream crackers in 10 minutes.

Back in the day, when Jackass was popular, we used to play Targetman at lunchtimes, then as soon as they did the "Gallon of Milk Challenge" we decided it was a good idea!

Two of the guys manned up, and we bought them a gallon of milk each. They were downing it and after about 2minutes were vomiting freely. It was so hilarious that to see them take a big long pull at the bottle, turn to the side and BLEARGH!! white puke, then they would wimper about the milk they were puking being cold, and got back to the task in hand.

papercorn2000

Used to see how quickly you could eat:
a. 12 weetabix or
b. a whole packet of cream crackers
all dry. It takes a long time!

gbb

Legendary Member
In a semi drunken state when i wur a lad, we tried the 'who can eat the most (unlit) cigarettes'
xx(xx(xx(:smile:
Never got past the first one...fkin vile...vile beyong belief xx(xx(:blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
I came home and was really thirsty, and didn't have any drinks.

Has mains water not reached your part of the world?:smile:

Regarding cream, there was a funny moment on Ready Steady Cook, back in the good old Fern Britton days, when the piping bag the chef was using for last minute decoration burst, sending a big blob of whipped cream into Fern's hair. Gamely, they just carried on, right through the end of the countdown and the tasting and everything, all just managing not to crack up completely.

Well, it made me laugh.

Top Bottom