How do you eat yours?

• squash it all up

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • that's disgusting -I eat one bit at a time

• what's a fork?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Depends what it is. A roast I eat like normal peeps, but a rice or pasta dish gets all stirred up and slurped off the fork. Usually have to change me shirt afterwards!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I just eat it. Why think about it, shove it on the fork and i eat it.
I will eat most things by hand though, forks can sometims get in the way of some food, like chips and roast chicken and stuff. Anything like mashed potatoe goes on the fork first.

longers

Legendary Member
My Dad always saves the best bit of meat for his last mouthful, just imagine how he used to laugh when we'd nick it off him :biggrin::angry:

I eat what I don't like first and then it's a free for all.

bonj2

longers said:
My Dad always saves the best bit of meat for his last mouthful, just imagine how he used to laugh when we'd nick it off him :blush::biggrin:

I eat what I don't like first and then it's a free for all.

Why do you eat things you don't like? I don't eat anything I even like but aren't even that keen on - I even go so far as draining the white off eggs before poaching them. ;) There's very little point in egg white though, it's mainly just embryonic fluid and doesn't contain any of the healthiness of an egg (protein) or niceness.

bonj2

Because not everything that's good for you tastes nice.

Once you've eaten your pound of meat I'd be surprised if you were hungry for anything else anyway.

but there's plenty of things that provide all the nutrition you need that ARE nice.

SamNichols

Eating with one chopstick would be pretty difficult, I reckon.

buddha

Veteran
bonj said:
Why do you eat things you don't like? I don't eat anything I even like but aren't even that keen on - I even go so far as draining the white off eggs before poaching them. ;) There's very little point in egg white though, it's mainly just embryonic fluid and doesn't contain any of the healthiness of an egg (protein) or niceness.

Erm, AFAIK for your bog standard egg there is slightly more protein in an egg white than in the yolk. Unless it's like one of the free range eggs I recently bought from a farm. Partially developed embryo in the yolk :blush:

Mortiroloboy

Personally, I'll select a bit of veg, some potato and whatever meat is on the plate, on each fork full, thereby eating the meal as a whole. My nephew (who is slightly odd) will eat all the potato, then all the veg, then all the meat.

Top Bottom