1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eating habits

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mister Paul, 13 Jun 2008.

?
  1. squash it all up

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. that's disgusting -I eat one bit at a time

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. what's a fork?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Do you eat parts of your meal (meat, potatoes) separately, or cut a bit off each and squash the mixture onto your fork?

2. simonali

simonali Über Member

Depends what it is. A roast I eat like normal peeps, but a rice or pasta dish gets all stirred up and slurped off the fork. Usually have to change me shirt afterwards!

3. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

I just eat it. Why think about it, shove it on the fork and i eat it.
    I will eat most things by hand though, forks can sometims get in the way of some food, like chips and roast chicken and stuff. Anything like mashed potatoe goes on the fork first.

4. longers

longers Veteran

My Dad always saves the best bit of meat for his last mouthful, just imagine how he used to laugh when we'd nick it off him :biggrin::angry:

I eat what I don't like first and then it's a free for all.

5. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

Why do you eat things you don't like? I don't eat anything I even like but aren't even that keen on - I even go so far as draining the white off eggs before poaching them. ;) There's very little point in egg white though, it's mainly just embryonic fluid and doesn't contain any of the healthiness of an egg (protein) or niceness.

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Because not everything that's good for you tastes nice.

Once you've eaten your pound of meat I'd be surprised if you were hungry for anything else anyway.

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Eat with a chopstick, the food tastes better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

but there's plenty of things that provide all the nutrition you need that ARE nice.

9. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Absolutely... much better. It's like monosodium glutamate magic wands.

10. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Eating with one chopstick would be pretty difficult, I reckon.

11. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Veg first then the meat potatoes last. Curry is meat first then rice. Don't like pasta.

12. Night Train

Night Train Guest

I nearly always do.

13. buddha

buddha Veteran

Erm, AFAIK for your bog standard egg there is slightly more protein in an egg white than in the yolk. Unless it's like one of the free range eggs I recently bought from a farm. Partially developed embryo in the yolk :blush:

14. longers

longers Veteran

Politeness. If someone has cooked something that is not to my taste I tend try not to spit it out.

15. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

...and soup can be a bit of a bugger....