Eating in desperation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Got to be some legs in this one, the amount of cr@p some people eat :biggrin:, but what have you eaten in desperation, dire hunger, whatever.

Mines not too bad, but i was working in a derelict house in Nottingham many many years ago. No money on me, no dinner, no-one to cadge off......and i'm STARRRRRRRRVING :biggrin:

Corrrrr, i found a half jar of pickle in a dusty cupboard :ohmy: Say no more...best half jar of pickle i ever ate :smile:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
gbb said:
Got to be some legs in this one, the amount of cr@p some people eat :biggrin:, but what have you eaten in desperation, dire hunger, whatever.

Mines not too bad, but i was working in a derelict house in Nottingham many many years ago. No money on me, no dinner, no-one to cadge off......and i'm STARRRRRRRRVING :sad:

Corrrrr, i found a half jar of pickle in a dusty cupboard :biggrin: Say no more...best half jar of pickle i ever ate :ohmy:

So I take it the legs in the jar good then.........:sad: Left any longer the pickle would have run off on it's own :smile::cry:

Monkey Boy

I've not been seriously caught out before in the foood department. I'm pretty sure if I were desperate I'd eat a scabby horse between two p1shy mattresses though.

Noodley

Oh, and the most "desperate" eating I had was when I was a student and came home slightly under the influence of alcohol. I could not be arsed waiting for chicken legs to cook, so stuck them in a microwave for 3 minutes (everything else seemed to cook using this method) then ate them. No ill effects at all. Although I reckon my flatmates thought it slightly disconcerting watching me eat (almost) raw chicken.

tentonhammer

Once returning home from a night on the lash I had forgotten to procure any sort of take away on the way home. Starving and very drunk I scoured the pantry and was alarmed to realise there was not much in. However I found a tin of tuna, an onion some curry powder and some long grain rice. Inspired I began to create a fiendish Tuna Curry. When it was finally ready, almost 5 minutes later I discovered that even that p1553d tuna curry was inedible.

domtyler

Über Member
gbb said:

Mines not too bad, but i was working in a derelict house in Nottingham many many years ago. No money on me, no dinner, no-one to cadge off......and i'm STARRRRRRRRVING :biggrin:

Corrrrr, i found a half jar of pickle in a dusty cupboard :ohmy: Say no more...best half jar of pickle i ever ate :smile:

Me and a couple of mates fiddled into that jar (separately, not at the same time) and then gave it a quick stir before replacing it on the shelf.

barq

I made an egg and aubergine curry because they were the only things left in the cupboard. It was the foulest thing I have ever tried to eat. It even looked disgusting because the main ingredients clashed so badly.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
Me and a couple of mates fiddled into that jar (separately, not at the same time) and then gave it a quick stir before replacing it on the shelf.

Bleughhhhhh !!!!!!! and i thought i was scraping mould off :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Noodley

tentonhammer said:
Once returning home from a night on the lash I had forgotten to procure any sort of take away on the way home. Starving and very drunk I scoured the pantry and was alarmed to realise there was not much in. However I found a tin of tuna, an onion some curry powder and some long grain rice. Inspired I began to create a fiendish Tuna Curry. When it was finally ready, almost 5 minutes later I discovered that even that p1553d tuna curry was inedible.

well, shag me! where the hell have you been? I thought we had lost you forever...great to see you back you nutter. :smile:

got-to-get-fit

At work late one night .....nothing to eat ....starving .....one fridge....one spoon......peanut butter, jam, cream cheese, marmite, shipmans crap paste.............i shall say no more

tentonhammer

Noodley said:
well, shag me! where the hell have you been? I thought we had lost you forever...great to see you back you nutter. :smile:

Ha ha -thanks mate, what happened was when the great changeover happened during the summer I tried to register here but something seemed to go a bit wrong and I could never log in so eventually I gave up trying but then a couple of nights ago I brought up the site and was able to login so I am chuffed to be back on board!:ohmy:

domtyler

Über Member
A guy in my office told the story the other day of when he had been out on the bevvies and bought chips which he dropped on the floor and then ate them off the pavement!

once when i was at university, and very very stoned, I tried to eat a raw weetabix. it was a mistake. it tried to absorb every bit of moisture from my body, and after approximately 15 seconds I was spitting sawdust and breathing it in...

Top Bottom