E'bay alert - Harry Quinn that really looks the business !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi to you all out there. An offering from an E'bay member in Cornwall. Item No 271945557587

This has got to be one of the nicest examples of an apparently TOTALLY ORIGINAL Harry Quinn that I have seen in a very very long time.

Only for the fact that I already have two complete and fully usable Italians - A 50cm Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Carbon and a totally refurbished and rebuilt 52cm Benotto Modelo 850 plus a totally refurbished and ready to build Steve Goff frame-set - I would certainly have it and go and collect it rather than use a courier. 280920121146.jpg 161120141595.jpg 250120151690.jpg

midlife

Guru
Any link, my tablet cut and paste has gone a bit pants.

Shaun

midlife

Guru
Too small for me, unusual top tube braze ons, normally found on TT frames where the rider never stopped and rested his thigh on the cable.

Shaun

Too small for me, unusual top tube braze ons, normally found on TT frames where the rider never stopped and rested his thigh on the cable.

Shaun

Hi Shaun. I have had many steel framed bikes over the years with the top of top-tube braze-ons but non were ever considered as TT bikes - indeed they would never have produced the results with the entry level kit that most of them carried.

midlife

Guru
Hi. I was talking about the two eyes with bare cable in between. The two or three guides into which the outer was threaded on top of the top tube became the norm into the eighties.

My avatar is my cut out bottom bracket Bob Jackson, missing chainstay bridge TT frame and it has top tube guides like that Harry Quinn. It's a blooming nightmare on the bare inner thigh when stopped :smile:

Shaun

Hi. I was talking about the two eyes with bare cable in between. The two or three guides into which the outer was threaded on top of the top tube became the norm into the eighties.

My avatar is my cut out bottom bracket Bob Jackson, missing chainstay bridge TT frame and it has top tube guides like that Harry Quinn. It's a blooming nightmare on the bare inner thigh when stopped :smile:

Shaun

Hi Shaun. I must confess I hadn't looked that closely but yes you are absolutely correct and there would be no way around the way it has been built other than to have them removed and replaced with either three or four Chromed Clips or have the frame remodelled with under the top-tube cable stops.
That of course would involve considerable expense and the total loss of the original finish and badges.

The bare cable must knock the hell out of the Stove Enamelled finish and it is not showing a very informative image of the central portion of the top-tube.

vetus asinum

Now this is interesting.
As the previous owner of this bike I can tell you this bike is as good as it looks, at least it was when I sold it a few years ago. The frame is/was almost unmarked when it left me and the chrome was gorgeous, you don't get that quality these days. The Campag components are/ were remarkably good, I would rate them at least 9/10.
As for the rear brake cable knocking hell out of the top tube, as I remember it was in pretty good shape after fourth odd years of riding, though I did fit the donuts as I am a bit of a bike tart.
I sold it to a friend a while ago and have not seen it since, but I do know it's not been ridden much as he has a few bikes and this one was on his " always wanted" list.

Top Bottom