ebay childs seat for brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
Nope and I can't see a video of it in use. Is the seatpost meant to take those stresses?

berlinonaut

Veteran
The thing is basically a cheaper and foldable derivate of the milanparts pere (formally kown as "it-chair"): https://www.capproblema.com/milianparts/productos/pere/

It looks a bit flimsy in comparison. Experiences with the pere have been very good from what people say.
There used to be a plastic variant available from Asia, following the same design but full plastic instead of metal as with the pere.

Of the three personally I'd always go for the pere.

For smaller children there is also a mounting thingy for the stem available. To mount a child seat to the seat post alone is not recommended, mounting one to the carrier block would also be a very bad idea.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've posted this image before, this is the " Milan Pere " attached to my wife's 2015 M6L. It's expensive, doesn't look a lot but is well thought out. The part that is sitting just aft of the frame hinge is shaped to the contour of the frame and has a heavy duty resilient insert where it sits against the body of the frame. There's also a protrusion that sits underneath the bottom of the hinge and prevents any possibility of the structure "bouncing " of the bike when unloaded and going over rough ground.
In the photo the Childs saddle and mounting bracket was added by me, as were the coverings of the foot rests. ( I used a couple of old standard diameter handlebar grips which were cut to length )
Happy to answer any queries.

1667767048945.jpeg

OP
OP
straas

straas

Matt
Nice, how much did it set you back?

My son's three at the moment and couldn't see him not somehow jumping off (maybe I don't have enough faith...)

ExBrit

Über Member
For that kind of money, there's a number of bike trailers on Amazon that look a lot safer. Maybe I was too keen for my kids to reach adulthood without traumatic brain injuries, but that's just me. :tongue:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Because they are effectively sat between your arms, actually those front mounted / crossbar mounted seats (whether on a folder or regular bike) are relatively safe, and indeed safer than a trailer or rear mounted seat.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Did someone forget to water the small pot plant? :rolleyes::blush::laugh:

Haha! yes, It's the remains of a post Christmas Poinsettia. Mrs Tenkaykev has whatever the opposite of a green thumb is. I really do try but without much success. Our son and daughter both have green thumbs and everything flourishes.

Top Bottom