EBay Fees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

One important thing to remember when using the deals, e.g 80% off of fees, is that it only applies first time round. If the item doesn’t sell, and is relisted, it is back up to full fees.

I must admit I read the T&C's several times & I couldn't quite get to grips with them, they were very convoluted for what should have been an easy thing, my inner alarm always sounds when that happens, that somewhere deep in the fine print it actually says, we're going to screw you if you're not careful.

I sell on eBay and I'm generally happy with what service I get for the fees I pay. The only time I nearly got caught out was a cash on collection sale and I forgot I needed to pay the fee manually afterwards.

I've tried other sites for selling but I didn't get the same level of interest from buyers so I'm sticking with eBay.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve sold £247 worth of stuff in the last couple of weeks. About £9 of fees and £21 delivery (I prefer to offer free delivery). All dropped off at an in-post locker under 5 mins walk away, all sent in previously used packaging materials. Can’t complain, easy and no time wasters. The money is all in my bank account already :okay:

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 26715

I have to say they caught me out on that when first introduced, I never tried to make money out of the postage but when it costs you more to post than you get back is annoying.

I have to say they caught me out on that when first introduced, I never tried to make money out of the postage but when it costs you more to post than you get back is annoying.

My first 2/3 sales I offered free postage and I made 80p a sale lol After that I charged the postage fee + a cost for the packaging I was using. Even using reused packaging there is still tape to seal and white label stickers for the address. If you're (like me) an amateur seller it adds up without you realising.

I don't use eBay posting though, just goto the local post office (amazingly I still have 1 near me!) and use that.

vickster

Legendary Member
My first 2/3 sales I offered free postage and I made 80p a sale lol After that I charged the postage fee + a cost for the packaging I was using. Even using reused packaging there is still tape to seal and white label stickers for the address. If you're (like me) an amateur seller it adds up without you realising.

I don't use eBay posting though, just goto the local post office (amazingly I still have 1 near me!) and use that.

I print the label and Sellotape it on, no white labels (I use eBay Packlink or just standard in-post, much easier than the PO). I have printing costs but that's minimal with the HP printer ink subscription

I print the label and Sellotape it on, no white labels (I use eBay Packlink or just standard in-post, much easier than the PO). I have printing costs but that's minimal with the HP printer ink subscription

Unfortunately I used my printer that little the ink dried in the nozzles :laugh:
I might try the library though, it's 20p a sheet of A4. Next sale I make I'll compare postage options.

I have two printers at home. One is a laser printer, the other an inkjet.

The laser is at least 14 years old and I use reconditioned toner cartridges for it. They cost around £12 and last me a couple of years at least. That gets most of the work, including printing addresses for the numerous packages my wife has been sending recently.

The inkj has 10 ink cartridges and is gen used for photos. If you need to ask how much 10 inks cost then it’s not the printer for you!

Top Bottom