Ebay Issue, Any Views?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I don't think you can give a buyer negative feedback if they have paid.
But, you stated collection only only, so the balls in your court.

D

Deleted member 26715

The buyer can give the seller bad feedback, the seller cannot give the buyer bad feedback, but if you receive it you can also put a comment on it, so you can add collection only clear in advert

Dave7

Legendary Member
I did something similar.........my fault as I didn't state UK bids only.........a guy from France (100% ebay record) bought it. I told him I was unhappy but he assured me he was genuine. I got him to email that he would not make any claim if the item was lost "outside the UK or arrived damaged in any way". He did that and I was then happy to send it as I could always show ebay his agreement.

MarkF

Guru
I had a similar problem with a wristwatch, collection only, a USA Ebayer won it and paid straight away via Paypal, I refunded him straight away but there was no pacifying him, he was like a dog with a bone. He left me really rude bad feedback, but my legs didn't drop off or owt.

stearman65

Some years ago my wife sold some old audio gear, clearly listed as collection only, which was won by a guy from Poland. She got a message shortly after from the bloke saying his bother, who worked nearby, was picking is up as he was travelling home that weekend to visit family.

I also have a colleague who sold stuff to a bloke in Romania who has his own 'courier' to pick stuff up. Turns out is a 'man with a van' who wanders found the northwest picking up stuff for him.

Point being not all potential buyers outside the UK require the seller to ship.
Similar situations with me, Chinese guy bought one of my lamps but wanted it delivered to a yellow box storage depot in London, Another from Italy bought a jacket from me & wanted it shipped to a collection point in north Lanc's. My furthest sale was to Australia, however the buyer asked first if I was prepared to ship, I agreed & all went well.

I sold a front door last year and stated collection only. When the winners address came up as somewhere 100 miles away i got a bad feeling that they weren' t going to collect. The buyer stalled me for a few weeks saying her uncle drives a van up to the Birmingham area and will sort a date for collection. Many messages followed and she eventually asked if i could send by courier, i reluctantly agreed if she sorted it which she did, but i was still lumbered with packaging it up. A real PITA all for the princely sum of 40 quid. Lesson learned.

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Follow up: foreign bidder has left neutral feedback saying I wasn't willing to package item for his courier to collect. I have reported him to EBay for inappropriate feedback.:angry:

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
On a brighter note the UK under bidder has collected the turntable this morning. Nice chap according to my folks and apparently all his kids went to the same school as me. :smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If I had £10 for every time a collection only item has attracted "how much to ship to wherever" enquiries I'd have made money out of eBay selling.

Top Bottom