eBay purchase; a Stormer cycle - anyone heard of them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Ostensibly bought today for spare parts to be used in my recent Raleigh acquisition has anyone heard of these?

$_57.JPG

Some interesting lugwork:

$_57.JPG

I'm picking it up tomorrow night.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
From a quick google search, made by Raleigh and appear to be kids cycles.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Picked it up this evening; it's a gaspipe special from V.S. Cycles in Brighouse. Frame size is about 52cm-ish so a 'Small' size frame. Everything works but is sticky.

Shimano Tourney front/rear derailleurs plus a cottered unbranded crankset and unknown brakes. The wheels aren't in a great state either. One tyre's new and the entire bike is covered in years, and years, of dust. Apparently it was their late father-in-laws. It does have a serial number which is below under waxed paper:

DSCF4276_zpsxbnikjgh.jpg

Plans?

I could take up weightlifting.

But it's more likely to be used as a parts donor for the Raleigh I acquired recently.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Picked it up this evening; it's a gaspipe special from V.S. Cycles in Brighouse. Frame size is about 52cm-ish so a 'Small' size frame. Everything works but is sticky.

Shimano Tourney front/rear derailleurs plus a cottered unbranded crankset and unknown brakes. The wheels aren't in a great state either. One tyre's new and the entire bike is covered in years, and years, of dust. Apparently it was their late father-in-laws. It does have a serial number which is below under waxed paper:

DSCF4276_zpsxbnikjgh.jpg

Plans?

I could take up weightlifting.

But it's more likely to be used as a parts donor for the Raleigh I acquired recently.
01484 or 0484 dialling code?

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

After doing a proper clean-up on it the bike's hopefully being collected today by someone who wants to have a go at riding again before committing to a bigger spend.

It's a whole lot cleaner and now works properly.

Top Bottom