Ebay Seller Using Your Address

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Any ideas on how to stop someone using your address for selling what may well be stolen goods?

Last buyer to show up got nervous whilst I was on hold to the police, deciding not to wait around whilst they arrived.

Pictures are taken on the drive, of items I don't have, usually bikes. On average one every two days this month.

A £2,000+ Marin mountain bike for £250, being the bike the last buyer was hoping to leave with.

alicat

Legendary Member
That sounds awful. Report it to Ebay. Ask the police for advice in advance of a situation arising. Tell them your address is being used to handle stolen goods. If that brings no fruit, keep on disrupting the sales as you are doing. Deploy some mild anti-social behaviour to disrupt the photos being taken or the goods being handed over. The seller will soon get fed up and go elsewhere.

Any ideas on how to stop someone using your address for selling what may well be stolen goods?

Last buyer to show up got nervous whilst I was on hold to the police, deciding not to wait around whilst they arrived.

Pictures are taken on the drive, of items I don't have, usually bikes. On average one every two days this month.

A £2,000+ Marin mountain bike for £250, being the bike the last buyer was hoping to leave with.
That's a new one ! :ohmy: What did the police say ?

So what is happening? I'm curious as to how this scam works ?

D

Deleted member 26715

So what is happening? I'm curious as to how this scam works ?
I suspect the items are sold, then the seller tries to get the buyer to pay outside of Fleecebay/Paypoo by sending funds via bank or gift gives them to address to collect & pockets the money.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
You could try gathering some evidence, a security camera for example.
I've got a hunch that's not going to happen.

screenman

Legendary Member
Next the scammers will be selling your house!

I know of two guys who bought a garage, it was only went they started dismantling it that the owner came out and stopped them, cost them £2,000 in 1980. Somebody knew when the owner was away met the guys there and took thier money, told them they could start dismantling it the following week and he would be there to help them.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The other more sinister thing is the " lure"
Get someone to go to address with money and then Rob them.. a favourite with car scam selling criminals.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The other more sinister thing is the " lure"
Get someone to go to address with money and then Rob them.. a favourite with car scam selling criminals.
Happened to some friends of ours. Quite vicious too as the wife got scraped legs when she was thrown to the ground.

Dave7

Legendary Member

I may be a bit slow here but.....
are you saying they eg pause on your drive with said bike, take photo then scarper. Then they post the photo on ebay to make it look legit. The buyer then pays for this "none existant" bike by how?? and turns up at yours to collect it?

Top Bottom