Ebay Terminology: A Guide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought it might be handy to put together a bit of a glossary of ebay terminology for users so they know what ads REALLY mean - you know, like how "Artisan" means "Made in China but hand sprinkled with fairy dust by a failing art student in Manchester", but specific to bikes.

Here's the first few that spring to mind - any more suggestions?

1. JOB LOT
If I photographed each bike and tried to sell it for £2, nobody would buy it as you would see that they are all rusted to high heaven, missing half their bits and of no use to anybody. You can buy 10 of these for £60 - BARGAIN

2. BARGAIN
If it was, I wouldn't need to say it. I've said it, so it probably isn't

3. VINTAGE
Rusty old s**t but slightly better than in (1) so I dare sell this separately

4. L'EROICA
As (3) but with a non original Carlton sticker on it as if that makes it fancy

5. FIXIE PROJECT
I bought either (3) or (4) and realised it's a pile of junk but if I say "fixie" that adds £50 automatically, right?

XiShT

This is brilliant! I think this also speaks to the cynicism that most of us who regularly browse eBay have towards dodgy ads - especially those with the title in all caps

unique = as long as you don't look for another

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
"Easy Fix for someone" = So easy that I can't fix it myself, can't find anyone else who can fix it and/or don't have a spare grand to have it fixed.
"Good project for someone" = Good project for someone who has 3 years to kill and an infinite supply of money and patience.
"Genuine reason for sale" = It doesn't work properly
"No tyre-kickers or test-pilots" = I don't want anyone to inspect it properly in case they find one of the many faults that it has.
"Runs fine" = Doesn't stop
"No reserve!!" = But I'll set the starting price at £1500 (That one really annoys me)

Top Bottom