Ebay - the final straw.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When the feck did ebay start charging a 10% FVF on postage as well :cursing:

I've just checked my fees and seen this, Googled it and I'm appalled they seem to have slipped another sellers tax in through the back door, sneaky bunch of fecking feckless feckers.

It frustrates the life out of me that they have the largest audience yet want to fleece their sellers at every turn.

I've got one more thing I'm putting on there, I know it's hypocritical of me after the above rant, but with Christmas looming I need the best price I can get, (plus it'll probably be collection only), and besides, after that I've nowt left to sell anyway, so once that's gone they can go and get fecked!

96f809d3870a2813c6c1456b942363a2.jpg

U

User6179

Maybe because sellers were making more out of postage costs than the actual thing they were selling .

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Don't forget the people that built up your empire you bunch of ****s!
Amen to that!

Any stuff I have to sell will go on Gumtree (used them before with good results) - no fees
I know the deal was done back in 2005, (thank you Google :whistle:), but ebay actually own Gumtree. You do have to wonder if they will move their fee structure over once they can't fleece ebay sellers anymore?

ScotiaLass

Guru
This is to be my position from now on.
+1

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
This is to be my position from now on.

They obviously made a decision who really matters in their business model and that is the buyer. As long as they have people wanting to buy there will always be people wanting to meet the demand. I think the first sign of it was when they stopped sellers leaving negative feedback.

Personally, I try not to buy from ebay. Lots of things are found, these days, cheaper somewhere else. I only buy from ebay goods that are difficult to find elsewhere. Some cycling stores will sell outside ebay which I'm happy to buy from just not to give ebay a penny. They don't even pay tax in this country or if they do now it's very little.

Social media has the capability to give power back to the people to stop these unscrupulous companies making fortunes at our expenses. Unfortunately, most of the social media is missing this wonderful chance.

I still don't go into Starbucks, if only another million people or so did the same in the UK, I bet they would be knocking the tax man's door to pay what they should pay.

ScotiaLass

Guru
They obviously made a decision who really matters in their business model and that is the buyer. As long as they have people wanting to buy there will always be people wanting to meet the demand. I think the first sign of it was when they stopped sellers leaving negative feedback.

Personally, I try not to buy from ebay. Lots of things are found, these days, cheaper somewhere else. I only buy from ebay goods that are difficult to find elsewhere. Some cycling stores will sell outside ebay which I'm happy to buy from just not to give ebay a penny. They don't even pay tax in this country or if they do now it's very little.

Social media has the capability to give power back to the people to stop these unscrupulous companies making fortunes at our expenses. Unfortunately, most of the social media is missing this wonderful chance.

I still don't go into Starbucks, if only another million people or so did the same in the UK, I bet they would be knocking the tax man's door to pay what they should pay.
Agreed.
I don't use Starbucks any more and hadn't for a good couple of years before the whole non-tax payment debacle.

I was buying and selling on ebay until the Royal Mail upped the postage rates.

With the ebay fees going up it's only the business sellers (with discounts on post and fees) that will make it pay.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Over the last year or so I have notices the high prices people are asking for postage (Auction sellers not business sellers), massively above the real cost of posting the item.

Several times I have not looked properly (my fault) and bid on an item only to then notice the postage cost, sometimes double what I know it would cost to post as I have done it.

So if it stops the abuse of postage costs I am all for it, but over all I do agree they are squeezing the life out of sellers, its just to much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom