eBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
is it me or is that a carrera TDF with some stickers on it ?

HovR

Über Member
Colnago...
Fake%20Colagno.jpg

Apollo..
Apollo-TDF-Road-Racing-Bike-20111227235448.jpg

Seems legit. :laugh:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Colnago...
Fake%20Colagno.jpg

Apollo..
Apollo-TDF-Road-Racing-Bike-20111227235448.jpg

Seems legit. :laugh:
those two bikes have totally different head tubes and seat tubes, also the rear triangle on the colnago starts lower down the seat tube - so they are in now way the same bike

HovR

Über Member
those two bikes have totally different head tubes and seat tubes, also the rear triangle on the colnago starts lower down the seat tube - so they are in now way the same bike

You are aware that two different sizes of the exact same model of bike will have different geometry, right? I never said they were the exact same bike, just implied that they were the same model.

The second image is for comparison, and is not the same bike.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You are aware that two different sizes of the exact same model of bike will have different geometry, right? I never said they were the exact same bike, just implied that they were the same model.
no - but what you are implying is that the guy selling his bike, is selling a fake colnago, when he could have bought it legitimatley with those stickers on it

Psyclist

Über Member
no - but what you are implying is that the guy selling his bike, is selling a fake colnago, when he could have bought it legitimatley with those stickers on it

Got to agree. I've seen a fake Kona on the bay before. Owner had no idea, and had paid three times it's value for it too.

OP
OP
Standoff

Standoff

I just thought it was funny that's all because at the minute thats what i ride courtesy of my son. Anyone buying anything off eBay needs to be aware.

HovR

Über Member

You know I can't even be bothered. All I was pointing out was that the bike is clearly not what it claims to be. I never said, or even implied, anything about the owner. Feel free to infer any other wild things you think I meant.

Sometimes I just get fed with people on here putting words in my mouth.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I reported an obviously fake pinarello Dogma to ebay once .ebay did nothing about it the add ran for months so presumably the seller had a steady supply.

You can get a bargain off ebay but it really is buyer beware.

Top Bottom