Ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barq

I can understand why ebay had to change something because some sellers were issuing retaliatory negative feedback. However ebay now seems to have jumped too far the other way. IMHO sellers should be able to leave negative feedback if a customer hasn't paid.

gbb

Legendary Member
The system is now weighted in favour of the buyer....but the sellers not going to lose out if he gets an awkward buyer. A mechanism already exists to allow cancellation of fees if buyer and seller 'mutually' agree not to proceed.

This happened to me a few weeks ago.
Selling a collectable item. Buyer bid at the last moment...then buyer contacts me, sorry, my kids have bid, and i dont want it.

My first reaction....you're not getting away with it that easy...but...if you both agree to mutually withdraw, ebay credit, re-imburse or cancel your fees (cant remember exactly how it went, but you dont lose out)

You do it through gritted teeth....but then remember your life doesnt depend on it...there's more important things in life to worry about.

bonj2

transactional feedback would have been better, i.e. each can only see feedback left for them once they've left their own feedback. But that would have involved writing new bits wouldn't it rather than just flicking a switch :sad:

ime only problems with buyers is the ones that get arsey, when you're selling an item that is less than perfect in some way and even though you clearly describe its imperfections in the ad they still whinge that it isn't perfect. peanuts.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
User259iroloboy said:
a woman in Crawley with a funny foreign name, indicating she may have arrived from a former Commonwealth country.....the cheeky bitch kept sending me semi illiterate email

so you've experienced a dodgy buyer from ebay?
remarkable, but what is the relevance of her name, literacy or origins?

gbb

Legendary Member
hubgearfreak said:
so you've experienced a dodgy buyer from ebay?
remarkable, but what is the relevance of her name, literacy or origins?

The relevance is well known in ebay...i assume we're talking Nigerian scammers. They used to prey particually on people selling mobile phones.
Ebay community pages used to be (and still may be) full of tales of woe about them.

If any one sells items on E Bay take note that from next week you will have to offer the Paypal payment system on all autions/BiN etc.

Maz

Guru
Lord of the Teapot said:
If any one sells items on E Bay take note that from next week you will have to offer the Paypal payment system on all autions/BiN etc.
This is true. I noticed it too. You can choose cheque etc, but paypal had to be an option.

Mortiroloboy

gbb said:
The relevance is well known in ebay...i assume we're talking Nigerian scammers. They used to prey particually on people selling mobile phones.
Ebay community pages used to be (and still may be) full of tales of woe about them.

Quite possibly, and that assumption is based on fact, so sorry if it offended some of you (hubgearfreak) but you cannot escape the fact that a very high percentage of scammers originate from the African continent.

In this case she lived in Crawley West Sussex, so my normal suspicions weren't aroused. What peed me off was that she got the phone,(RM said it had been delivered) and her money back,(when RM paid me the compensation) which I then refunded to her PP a/c ,She kept sending these rude semi literate mails accusing me of not sending the phone, then accusing
me of not getting her refund quickly enough, it was like she was attempting to build a bogus audit trail to support her dodgy claim.

Mortiroloboy

gbb said:
The system is now weighted in favour of the buyer....but the sellers not going to lose out if he gets an awkward buyer. A mechanism already exists to allow cancellation of fees if buyer and seller 'mutually' agree not to proceed.

This happened to me a few weeks ago.
Selling a collectable item. Buyer bid at the last moment...then buyer contacts me, sorry, my kids have bid, and i dont want it.

My first reaction....you're not getting away with it that easy...but...if you both agree to mutually withdraw, ebay credit, re-imburse or cancel your fees (cant remember exactly how it went, but you dont lose out)

You do it through gritted teeth....but then remember your life doesnt depend on it...there's more important things in life to worry about.

I think they are known as FTW's = F*cking Time Wasters.

barq

Lord of the Teapot said:

Which is a pity seeing as PayPal has broken twice in the last month. :angry:

Maz

Guru
simonali said:
I just left some feedback for a seller on ebay and it seems that sellers are no longer allowed to leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers...
Yay! They've applied this retrospectively and my feedback has been bumped up back to 100% again (some eejit left me (the buyer) neg feedback a long time ago).

Top Bottom